Skip to main content

We had our monthly PCNC meeting last night and one of our members (Trevor) showed up with a new FRPP 393 Windsor crate motor in his Pantera. It was a very clean install with a perfect dipstick and tube for the application - very correct looking tube, and the labeled dipstick handle is cool too.

Anyway, the dipstick and tube comes from a 1990 Ford Econoline van (E-150 or E-250 with the 351W). It's the dipstick AND tube. If I can find a Ford part number I'll post it. It was a bit too long and had to be shortened by 6". I'll post more as I learn more.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 351W_dipstick_2
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

One more tidbit of information. Trevor's 351W had to be moved as far back as possible, within the limits of the motor mounts and ZF mounts, to provide sufficient clearance for the distributor in front. His intake manifold raises the carb significantly higher than his old Cleveland with a Performer manifold, and a regular round air cleaner would not have cleared the decklid. But, he found that the Edelbrock triangular air cleaner with the flat side to the rear provided perfect clearance to his decklid.

Anyway, here's another pic.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 351W_dipstick_1
More info from Trevor...

Ford Motor Company part numbers:
F2UZ-6750-B dipstick
F5UZ-6754-B tube

This combination curves back over the block, much like the Cleveland. A little extra bending
and a shortening of the tube and stick by about 6 inches leaves the handle nicely positioned
at the rear of the block. The shortening was done at the handle end, thus requiring no
modifications at the business end in the timing cover.
Link copied to your clipboard.