Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Allejandro DeTomaso married Isobella Haskell, daughter of Emory Haskell who owned Rowan Controller in the US. In '67, Rowan bought Ghia and appointed DeTomaso president & chairman. Ghia then quickly built a Giugiaro-stled one-off battery powered car called the "Elettrica", later called the "Rowan". Lots of cast-magnesium was used in the car to lower weight; if you have the prototype, check the wheels, steering rack casting and rear trailing arms for corrosion damage. There's a couple of pictures and a better write-up in Wally Weiss' book "DeTomaso: the man & the machines"(1981). The thing looks like a 4-passenger micro-van. Good luck- there may have only been 2 ever built!
I'm interested to know (generically) where you are located? (Ghia owner)

I see one of these Ghia Rowan's around my town (Havre de Grace, Maryland) sometimes. It's a cute litte white colored car. I never get a chance to talk to the owner, though I would really like to. I am very interested in this car!!!

Mikey
Mikey,

Welcome to the DeTomaso Bulletin board (DTBB), we're glad to have you aboard.

Unfortunately, you have responded to an old post from May 2001. Horace Barnaby has not posted with us in a long time. His membership is no longer listed on our list of members, indicated by the "<" and ">" arrows surrounding his member name.

your friend on the DTBB, George
Link copied to your clipboard.