Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Scott,

I'm using a McLeod 1400 Series kit that's made specifically for the ZF. I bought it from PPC. My understanding is, McLeod has updated the seal design a few times over the years and they are now very reliable. I'm using a 5/8" clutch M/C, as per Dennis Quella's recommendation, which gives me a light pedal and lots of clutch release. Also, I'm not sure it matters but my pressure plate is a McLeod diaphragm.

Dave
quote:
There's this.

Take note of the auction's little caveat -

..Custom installation required..

Translation: You're on your own trying to get this to fit and correctly function.

If that sounds like you, go for it!

If not, contact Dennis Quella. He used to do them regularly, not so much now. But he knows what is needed and likely can still provide it.
Before anyone buys the hydraulic t/o bearing listed in the eBay ad mentioned above (or from Summit, Jeg's or direct from McLeod), be warned, what McLeod sells as a hydraulic T/O bearing kit for a ZF transaxle is not a direct bolt-in kit at all. Be prepared to do some head scratching and subsequent fabrication to make it fit. McLeod won't be any help if you get stuck. If you want a bolt-in kit for your Pantera or GT40, the only source I know of is Dennis Quella at Pantera Performance Center in Colorado.

Unfortunately, what McLeod sells as a kit for a ZF is only referred to as such because that's what Dennis buys from them as the basis for PPC's kit. They really have no idea what modifications Dennis makes, or parts he includes, in order for the unit to bolt into a ZF.

Be warned!
Last edited by davidnunn

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.