Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Bob,
I installed one of Kirks' front fiberglass (full length) bumpers several years ago & can attest that it was a "piece of cake" to put on. Hardest part is removing the old bumper & its associated hardware. I found that I could install it from the front of the car with the headlights opened halfway with just a small wrench to tighten the nuts. Got my "Seal of Approval"!

Bob
quote:
Originally posted by kaamacat:
Kirk........I almost forgot (too many projects). Yes...... could you email me any pics and or price information, that would be great! (rittwege@bellsouth.net).

Timing is good......I'm hoping to get my GT5 wheels from Marino soon, then I'll be working on the front bumper.......excellent !!

Bob
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fordgt:
Bob, I used Kirk's split bumper also, I think they look great also

Gary,

I see your parked next to a yellow Pantera. Is the car still turbo charged? I built that car in 1984. Second---you're pulling a trailer in your tag photo. I'm building a new Pantera look-a-like trailer. Single axel, looks like the front and back together. Uses a full hood area access with big space but very light. I'll shoot you some pictures when it's done if you like.

Kirk
Hey Kirk, I would be interested in seeing the trailer, Mine is a single axle 38 cubic foot unit. It was the largest motorcycle trailer I could find and you would not believe how much stuff I can get in it. Last trip was a full size spare, tools, floor jack, 2 chairs, 2 suitcases oh and did I mention a 12' x 12' canopy because the show had us parked in the Florida sun for 8 hours..

Here is a picture of the back of the trailer. I used some group 4 tailights that I bought off ebay and that is a cutdown L fiberglass bumper.

I would be also be interested, in your design for a trailer hitch. I'll post one of mine.

Gary #06984

Attachments

Images (1)
  • trailer_1_1_1
Here is my bumper hitch that fits inside a fiberglass L bumper. The rectangular plate bolts on behind the license plate. I believe an original steel bumper could be easily modified to work. I have it designed that it could be removed by removing the 2 bolts that hold the "u" shaped tongue support and the 3 machine screws that hold on the plate.

Gary #06984

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_0010_2_1
Link copied to your clipboard.