Skip to main content

I have seen on the net that John Scotti has a silver 1982 for sale. Does anyone know the history of this car and or the seller? I am new to this forum and Panteras (Lotus Esprit Owner hiss. hiss lol) and would appreciate any advice the community could offer. The silver car at John Scotti seems like a nice car, just seems a tad expensive IMHO.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

That car has been sitting for a long while. It has been for sale for several years, as far as I can recall.

Also, I heard a rumor (and can't substantiate this) that the car was sold last summer and returned by the purchaser because it was not the original engine or perhaps there had been some other (possibly undisclosed?) issues. BUT, it is an GT5 which is pretty rare, and might be a very good car, but you should definitely invest in a thorough inspection/drive before purchasing (as you should do with ANY car).

There are many members in the Montreal area who may be able to assist you.

Good luck.
Welcome, Rob.

The John Scotti car is chassis #9207. It sold last year to a guy in Toronto. PM me for more information. I would also suggest you PM David B (just click on his name above - he is one of the moderators of this forum), because David has seen this car and been in touch with the guy in Toronto.

There were fewer than 252 genuine GT5 Panteras built, so keep this in mind when considering prices.

Good luck, and keep us posted.
Last edited by peterh
The owner from Toronto called me a dozen times. The car was not as promised or as he expected. It had mismatched parts and motor. It was sent to his local Ferrari shop for inspection. He returned it shortly after which is why it is back on the Scotti site.

I have seen this car several times and took pics of it at Scottis. I also saw it at a shop getting some interior work done.

BTW, I bought both my cars from Scotti.
This car belonged to a friend of mine about 4 years ago. Gerry owned it for 3 years I think. I wanted to buy it but he preferred trading it in at Scotti for another exotic. I know that Scotti repainted it due to some minor rust near the windshield. If my memory serves me correctly there might have been a small problem getting into 2 gear (sometimes). Otherwise the car was fine. Rob6145
If this were a complete numbers matching car in near perfect condition, I could understand the $80k asking price; however in lieu of the mis-matched parts, respray and god knows whatever else is lurking beneath the surface, I believe that the value would be closer to $50 or $60k. Does this sound realistic? $80k for this particular car seems way to high.
Link copied to your clipboard.