Skip to main content

Hello all!

It appears the time has come for me to part with my amazing Pantera. I don't drive it as much as I'd like to, and my interests are moving in other directions.

It is a 1986 GT5-S Pavesi Targa. GT5-S Panteras are rare in their own right, with only about 40 making it to our shores. This is one of a half dozen to dozen Targa Panteras ever made by Pavesi for deTomaso, and the ONLY one in North America! I've had this particular Pantera for about 12 years now. In the past 3 or so years, it's only been driven a handful of times just to keep things circulating.

It has about 26k miles on it. It is basically stock, except really for just the wheels, which are Kinesis 18x11 front and 19x13 rear. The tires are Michelin Pilot Sports, 285/30 front, and 345/30 rear. I think they really set the car off and compliment it perfectly! Those who don't know Panteras think it's a much newer car, only a few years old. Most are shocked when I reveal it's true age.

This Pantera never ceases to bring a smile to my face! Having a topless Pantera really transforms the experience into one of unique delight! I will miss it dearly and will likely regret selling it, but for me, the times they are a changing, and so I'm ready to embark on a new adventure.

I don't think this Pavesi Targa Pantera is for the person who wants the best of it's kind, I think it's for the person who wants the ONLY one of it's kind! If this is the type of car you seek, it is your only option on our continent. Regular GT5-S Panteras are fast approaching the 200k mark, and one just sold in the UK for 240k! With that being said, I'm reluctantly offering my beloved Pantera for sale at 250k.

I can be contacted here on this forum, or at cyboman(at)rocketmail.com.

Enjoy your day!

Michael

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 593105172_44B42218C040C608B11938BF73F1E342a
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Since posting my Pantera for sale a year ago, I've been on the fence about selling it and not at all pursuing it's sale. At this time there is another project that I want to move into as soon as I can, so I'm entertaining all reasonable offers! Who knows, if you've always wanted to own and enjoy of the rarest Panteras, it could be yours with the right offer!

Michael
203-551-1332
cyboman@rocketmail.com
Michael,

Is your car the Meadowlands Import targa Joe Mammora brought in? If yes, does it still have the illuminated door jamb plate in it? I did the homologation work on it in early 86 and it was on display in Vegas that year. It drove quite well---I did some un-even railroad tracks drives to see if the car twisted and it was remarkably stiff.

Good luck---it's a great car.
quote:
Originally posted by Kirk Evans:
Michael,

Is your car the Meadowlands Import targa Joe Mammora brought in? If yes, does it still have the illuminated door jamb plate in it? I did the homologation work on it in early 86 and it was on display in Vegas that year. It drove quite well---I did some un-even railroad tracks drives to see if the car twisted and it was remarkably stiff.

Good luck---it's a great car.

Hi Kirk,

As far as I know, my Pantera was imported by Meadowlands Importers, but I don't know whom it was that brought it in. It does not have illuminated door jambs, and it didn't have them when I first saw the car in April of '95 either. You are right about the stiffness, if I put a jack behind the front wheel to lift the car, the whole side will rise! Not so with my '74. Thanks for the compliment on the car, it is a great car!

Michael
quote:
Originally posted by PanteraZog:
Michael,
I would like to see more pictures of the car, and know more about it. I am interested in the car and have reached out to you on the personal request area to begin a dialog on a possible vehicle purchase. Thank you.

Hi P-Zog,

I've been away and just got back. I haven't gotten any private messages, e-mails, or phone calls from you, I did double check to make sure. Please check to make sure you have copied the info correctly and try again, I would be happy to talk to you about my Pantera and send you the pictures you would like. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Michael
203-551-1332
cyboman@rocketmail.com

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.