Skip to main content

For those of you interested in the original 71 colors here are shots of two of the rarest colors (very difficult to get representative shots, at least with my camera).

These samples came from carpaintonline; V503 beige and V306 aqua green metallic. They are the 2 colors I’m currently considering for 1267 – both very special colors but, I think, very appropriate for this very early car.

V503 was the original color on 1267. A color that I’ve never seen on a pantera before. The sample from carpaintonline matches the remains of the original color on the car almost 100% – very elegant.

V306 has been discussed recently in regards to #2206 which currently is for sale out of WA. I think that, although they claim that the color on 2206 is V306 aquagreen, that color is actually V305 medium green (which is not a metallic).

The V306 sample I got from carpaintonline is a metallic and very similar to the color on the original paint chips that can be seen on the PI site [URL=http://www.panteracars.com/colorchips503.pdf ]paint chips[/URL](and also on Chuck’s ProvaMo), however, quite different from the green on 2206.

At this point I’m leaning toward V306 for 1267. Although I guess it would be cool to paint 1267 the original V503, beige kind off blend in with modern car colors. V306 surely does not … and it is an awesome color. I think.

Kristian

Attachments

Images (1)
  • pantera1610-2010_007
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Interesting topic. v306 is a hard color to research...not many pictures...I know 'cause I looked everywhere. I thought long and hard about buying 2206 so I was really interested in how legit that color was.

I'm sure you've seen this stuff before but here's what I found:

I've found that v306 was referred to as Aqua Green Poly.
I assume you've seen this color chart before...Colors

Attached are the pix that I found:

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 71TurqBlueSmallc
I agree it would be "safer" to chose red or yellow - but A LOT of panteras are red and yellow.

I really find the seventies retro colors very cool. Fx Love all 3 '71 greens - including the lime V307.
I agree that the beige is kind of boring and only considered it, since it was the color my car came in from the factory.

I'm pretty sure the non-metallic green in the pictures (and found on #2206) is V305 medium green. I've seen remains of it on a few cars (including on Nils' #1345 who is on the forum) and it's surely not a metallic.
V306 is different, very light metallic (poly?). I've now got it mixed from two different sources and they come up very similar so I'm pretty sure it's close to correct.

So - it's going to be V306 Eeker - car is leaving for the paintshop this week and, with a little luck, should be finished before christmas party

Kristian
.. just a couple of "pre-aqua" shots of #1267. I will post pics when it's completed.
Note very early "pre-production" style front valence.

20 month of intense restoration has finally brought it's to this point. Very exciting !!

Quite a task when you wan't to do most work yourself and at the same time pursue a career in science Smiler

Attachments

Images (1)
  • pantera2011-2010_006
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Charlton:
If I had a vote on the choice it would be for the aqua. Beige is way too boring for a Pantera and overall appearance is more important than stock originality in Pantera values. Choose what YOU want to see when you open the garage.

Mark

Yeah that would be like having a white pantera Wink I like the Aqua Smiler
Link copied to your clipboard.