Skip to main content

Well, the dreaded time has officially come for me. After two years of proud ownership I have no choice but to sell my Pantera. I've 'himmed and hawed' over it and tried numerous methods to get around selling it, but no such luck.

At the age of 25, a fairly new homeowner, a new job, a steady girl, and the inclination and desire to wrap up my masters and get a PhD has forced this sale. My new employer doesn't pay to further the education of its employees outside of their field, and apparently applying for student loans and telling them you 'have no money for school at this point' when you work an engineering job, drive a new F150 and are paying on a Pantera doesn't fly to well....

Soo, my dream car is officially for immediate sale at 37k OBO.

**What I need to know is how to post a powerpoint presentation or pictures here on the board...
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

But in the meantime, I will list the following:

=> I am the third owner of the car
=> This is a numbers matching car
=> The car is rust free
=> The car is mostly original except for a few tasteful upgrades...
=> The engine was rebuilt by the previous owner roughly 3yrs ago- it was bored, balanced, and blueprinted and is running all Crower Racing internals
=> The engine has headers w/a full ANSA exhaust
=> I had a rotary A/C installed
=> I had the headliner replaced
=> I had all the bumpers and badges rechromed
=> I purchased new decklid shocks, Ghia badges, shoulder harness pads, shifter knobs, and gated shift plate

=> What the car needs:
-Nothing if you just want to drive it!
-Its a great 10ft car due to the paint/body

=> It has minor dings, dents, scratches, stress cracks, and a few bubbles in the paint- this was how I purchased it two yrs ago with the intent of stripping it down, doing the body work, and repainting it...but I never got around to it.
To post pictures, either create a Photo Album by clicking the "New" tab at the top of this page, then click "Photo Album" in the drop down menu.

Or merely attach pictures, one at a time, when you "reply" to this post by clicking the "Add Attachment" link directly beneath the text box in the reply window.

Note that all images must be less than 200 Kb or they will not upload.

Attachments

Images (1)
quote:
Originally posted by Cyboman:
MC72,

I'm sorry to hear that you have to sell it...

It sounds like , at 25, your life is headed in the right direction! That's a beautiful thing. After you wrap up these details, you can always get another Pantera!

Good luck to you!

Michael

Thanks Michael!

I definitely plan to own a Pantera (or two) again once I have PhD at the end of my name! Unitl then I'll still be an active member on the board and attend the local events...
quote:
Originally posted by garth66:
To post pictures, either create a Photo Album by clicking the "New" tab at the top of this page, then click "Photo Album" in the drop down menu.

Or merely attach pictures, one at a time, when you "reply" to this post by clicking the "Add Attachment" link directly beneath the text box in the reply window.

Note that all images must be less than 200 Kb or they will not upload.

Thanks garth66!! I just made an album- unfortunately it created in a new post, but thats OK...
My car is now officially listed on Craigslist.

I wanted to let you all know first.

I spent the winter reassembling the car, as I posted before and to some it just looked like a parts car and that was not and still is not my intent to sell as a parts car. Pantera's should not be parted out- That's just my opinion...

Anyway, I have a few more parts to put on it and then I will list it on eBay next week with a buy-it-now price of $28,990 (what it's currently listed for on Craiglsit). The reserve will be set evenly between 20k and 30k ;-)

Pass the word and feel free to contact me for more info.
Link copied to your clipboard.