Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Is there a general consensus as to the "Best Looking mirror/s" for a Pantera?

We can't even agree on the best color (red) around here, so you'll get a bunch of opinions about mirrors too - do a quick search on Mirrors in the forums and you'll find lots of discussion. Colt mirrors are popular with some, vendors like Wilkinson carry nice mirrors too.

You didn't mention whether you have want them mounted to the quarter glass, or if you have holes in the door that you want to use.

Mine are very similar to the M3's Dave mentions. I believe they came from Precision Pro-formance ...

http://precisionproformance.com/ep1030.htm

As you can see, they blend in nicely and you hardly notice them Wink ... I've been able to adjust them to the point where there is virtually no blind spot.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • P1180846_(816_x_612)
Last edited by 5754
quote:
Originally posted by #5754:
quote:
Is there a general consensus as to the "Best Looking mirror/s" for a Pantera?

We can't even agree on the best color (red) around here, so you'll get a bunch of opinions about mirrors too - do a quick search on Mirrors in the forums and you'll find lots of discussion. Colt mirrors are popular with some, vendors like Wilkinson carry nice mirrors too.

You didn't mention whether you have want them mounted to the quarter glass, or if you have holes in the door that you want to use.

Mine are very similar to the M3's Dave mentions. I believe they came from Precision Pro-formance ...

http://precisionproformance.com/ep1030.htm

As you can see, they blend in nicely and you hardly notice them Wink ... I've been able to adjust them to the point where there is virtually no blind spot.
Hello #5754"; Good point in regards to either being door mounted or glass mounted. So another question....Is "1" preferable or the other?....For myself I would like a mirror that eliminates any blind spots, I also know many mirrors mounted on Panteras were Mustang mirrors....It sure would be nice to have access to as many options as possible....mount with 2-sided tape....step back & "Take a Look"....It seems I make a decision....then see something else I think is better.....Kind of like "Women"!!!!!......Mark
I don't know if one is better than the other, I do notice vibration in my window mounted mirror (but it was bumped at a car show and is loose in one corner, so it may improve when I re-glue it) If you don't have mounting holes in the door, I personally don't like the idea of drilling the car, but if the holes are already there, then you either use them or fill/paint them.
To reduce blind spots, some folks put a small convex stick-on mirror at the outside edge of their mirror.
There's an article on PanteraPlace about the Vitaloni, and has a shot of 4 mirror styles that Mike Drew took for the article, he's not that far from SF, so if you contacted him maybe a trip up I80 would give you a chance to see some options using the 2-sided tape (assuming he still has a bunch of mirrors on hand)
Vitaloni Mirrors Article
The "best" outside mirrors will depend on your personal likes, how you sit in the car and what Pantera you have. Obviously, flaired, wide-body GT5 and -5S cars may need mirrors that stick out a little further than early narrow body cars. As for attachment, they can be bolted to the thin steel doors, or glued to the front quarter windows. A 3rd possiblity is to replace the quarter window glass with Lexan, then DRILL the plastic windows for screws to positively retain the 'window' mirrors. I did this with Dodge Omni mirrors with cable adjusters some 20 years ago, after building a couple of contoured spacers so the mirrors were at the preferred angle for both my wife (5'4") and myself (6'2").
quote:
Originally posted by JTpantera:
I like those, Who make them?

If you are referring to mine, just pump BMW M3 Mirrors into the Google Shopping engine, and you come up with a host of sources. They are aftermarket and require some grinding and epoxy squeeze to alter the flag to fit the glass contour. They are two piece, so you can paint the mirror body separate from the flag.
Yes, it was yours to which I was referring. The JPG attachment to my e-mail didn't have your text. Of course when I actually went to the Forum thread, there was your text BMW-M3. Doh!

I assume that they are electric? I have been looking for an adjustable mirror from inside the cabin that was attractive and that may very well be it. Do you have pics of the mirror controls?

Thanks JT
quote:
Originally posted by JTpantera:
Yes, it was yours to which I was referring. The JPG attachment to my e-mail didn't have your text. Of course when I actually went to the Forum thread, there was your text BMW-M3. Doh!

I assume that they are electric? I have been looking for an adjustable mirror from inside the cabin that was attractive and that may very well be it. Do you have pics of the mirror controls?

Thanks JT

They are electric, but I elected to stow the wires and keep them manual. It might be a trick to fish the wires through the glass gasket, but I suppose anything is possible.
We are currently fitting 2011 Camaro mirrors on our Pantera. (to match our engine Wink )

They will look pretty good. It's gonna need some fabrication though for the mounting. I will post a picture when we get them on.

The nice thing about these mirrors are that the curves in the mirror match the style of the body. And they are fully electrical and eliminate ALL blindspots in the car.

We are also putting LED strips behind the mirror glass and on the outside of the mirror for blinkers.
I agree with both of you guys.

Smiler

That's one reason why we chose those mirrors because the lines match the car so well.

We were also thinking about putting together a Camaro Mirror kit and were wondering how many people would be interested in getting these...

Anyone interested?
The mirrors look about the right size, not too small to spoil their usefullness, not too large to overpower the car. I like the fact they don't create a blind spot like most of the glue on mirrors do. Is the finish of the mirror smooth, so it could be painted?

I think convex glass really helps a car with blind spots like the Pantera's. I wish the glass were convex.

My answer would be "maybe interested" depending upon how easy you make the wiring. I wouldn't want to fuss around with a big wiring task.

I know you well enough to know they shall be fairly priced.

-G
Last edited by George P
These mirrors are smooth and can definitely be painted. And your right, there are no blindspots. Where we mounted ours, the separation between the quarter window and the side window doesn't block your view.

We just ordered our right side glass, so we will let you know if it is convex when we get it but were pretty sure it is.

And as for the wiring, each mirror only has 3 wires coming from it and then those wires will go to the control switch which will also be included.

And no doubt we will price these affordably. Wink
Hi Chris, you beat me to the punch. I ordered a set of 2010 Camaro side mirrors and wiring harness and mirror switch and was going to mount them on my 1971 pushbutton Pantera. I was intimidated by the large hole that I have to cut on the door to mount these mirrors. Also do you have a discription on the wiring to make the mirrors work. I bought the whole harness and mirror switch. There is a lot of wires and a large plug in connector. If there is a way to decifer through the wires to make it more simple I would really appreciate it. I thought the styling of the Camero mirrors really match the edgy styling of the Pantera without looking out of place. Thanks for your post. Ben
quote:
I was intimidated by the large hole that I have to cut on the door to mount these mirrors

We modify the mirrors so you do not have to make the large hole you describe. Not to mention, If you don't modify the mirrors you will have to fabricate a way to mount them inside the door.

Our mirrors require 2 holes for the mounting studs and a small hole for the mirror wires.

The wiring is going to depend on the style of switch that you purchased. The mirrors themselves only have 3 wires. There are 2 motors. Each motor shares a common wire. The direction of movement is accomplished by reversing the polarity at the switch. You should only need 3 wires to each mirror. That is 6 wires to the switch with 2 more wires for the ground and +12v connection.
Just got your modified Camaro mirror back and its amazing you were able to sort the nest of wires it came with the harness. Thanks for your help. I should of bought the mirror set from you in the first place. I got everything, both mirrors, switch, right and left door harnesses and it was over $550. Your price is a bargain. Ben
Link copied to your clipboard.