Skip to main content

The previous owner of SN3242 sent me this Ford internal document "publicity report". I would assume Ford has it in their archives and wonder if any others made it to public hands since it is an internal management document.

Apparently as many of you know there were production delays in 1971. In early 1972 Ford initialed a new campaign as the letter states to "re-introduce" the Pantera to the North American markets. This booklet with forward letter has approximately 50 pages of press release copies from various magazines and newspapers throughout the U.S.

The envelope is addressed to Lee Kollins at Ford Headquarters. It was created and released by LM PR Manager William T. Peacock Jr.

I hope my copy quality is legible.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • FDintltr
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The Pantera was recalled in mid 1971, and its introduction was held-up by that recall. A few cars already in the possession of owners had to be returned to dealerships for remedial repairs, and a very few were repaired at the owner's home.

What is seldom realized is that even after the recall (spring 1972), the introduction of the Pantera was delayed a second time by a west coast long shore man's strike.

In regards to that L/M doc posted by Bob, which is really cool, I think the first page Bob posted says it all.

Its a groovy doc Bob. I think its cool you shared it.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.