Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I didn't even notice the 9mm when I went through the first time...

Being in AU where if we fart the wrong way we're locked up by someone for something we did somewhere it's very unique to see.

Here's a question that kind of becomes relevant on this - I heard one time that the US adopted or got LHD from back in the horse and coach days where they would hold the reigns / wheel in their left hand so they could shoot with the right. Anyone there heard of anything like that or is it another urban myth?
@michael1424 posted:
I didn't even notice the 9mm when I went through the first time...

Being in AU where if we fart the wrong way we're locked up by someone for something we did somewhere it's very unique to see.

Here's a question that kind of becomes relevant on this - I heard one time that the US adopted or got LHD from back in the horse and coach days where they would hold the reigns / wheel in their left hand so they could shoot with the right. Anyone there heard of anything like that or is it another urban myth?

I've heard a similar story but replace the shooting with whip cracking.

I lived in the four corners area of New Mexico for a few years in the mid 80's.

Seems everyone had a gun, usually kept tucked under the car seat in special tough little Zip-Lock type bags to keep out the dust. Both of my GFs carried.

Every bar had a sign over the door stating "No Firearms Allowed, State Law". I guess most disputes were settled in the parking lot.

@larryw posted:

I lived in the four corners area of New Mexico for a few years in the mid 80's.

Seems everyone had a gun, usually kept tucked under the car seat in special tough little Zip-Lock type bags to keep out the dust. Both of my GFs carried.

Every bar had a sign over the door stating "No Firearms Allowed, State Law". I guess most disputes were settled in the parking lot.

In addition to the ton of informations on Panteras found on this forum, I find it very interesting to compare lifestyles between the US and Europe.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.