The metal I used was coated already. We have a skid load so that helps. Everything I prepped was either zink primed or epoxy primed. The weld areas obviously cleaned before welding.
There is quite a bit of unseen work from the underside. The rear upright was rebuilt. Who ever rebuilt it the last time should be tarred and feathered. I cut it out and completely re-did it:http://www.rc-tech.net/pantera1/upright/ru.htm
Along the way I cleaned up the bottom rail a little and welded in a flat piece where the arrow it pointing to give a better spot for jacking:
If you look directly left of it where the ZF pokes through, and slightly down from there, there is a piece shaped like a triangle also welded in. You can see the rectangle drain slots.
You can see it here a little as well: