Hi

This car was purchased new by Carmine Appice . Carmine, Jeff Beck and Tim Bogart went out and bought 3 different colors on the same day and took them on tour with the Beck Bogart Appice Band. Carmine was in Vanilla Fudge Pink Floyd and many others and Was alleged ro have written "Do You Think I'm Sexy” for Rod Stewart while drumming for him. This car has been in Italian Magazines, Cream, Cars of the Stars and many more... People from John Bonham, Rod Stewart, Prince, Vince Neil, Pat Travers Ted Nugent, Paul Stanley and more have ridden in this car with all documents. Its even autographed in the Dash by Carmine Appice.

Does anyone know anything or have access to any other information on this car.

I purchased it a few years ago and is now about to undergo a sympathetic restoration.

Any help would be welocmed.

Thx Tony
Last edited {1}
Original Post
There is a nice letter documenting what you described on ProvaMo.

I would hope you received the letter with the car.

Rocky
quote:
Originally posted by Rocky:
There is a nice letter documenting what you described on ProvaMo.

I would hope you received the letter with the car.

Rocky


No, i didn’t get anything with the car. Will check ProvaMo out as you have mentioned.
Am in UK so not too familiar with things at the moment.
Many thanks for advice.
Tony
quote:
Originally posted by PanteraDoug:
Wouldn't 1843 be too early to be an "L" model?


To be honest I am not sure. I assumed it would be an L but could very well be wrong. I know it has metal bumpers which is one of the reasons for my thoughts?
quote:
Originally posted by JFB #05177:
the car shown on ProvaMo does have the split metal bumpers,thus pre L


I suppose you could look at it that way. The L model appeared in '72. Since there is no L model in 71 there isn't a pre-L for that model year.
quote:
Originally posted by Tony H:
Hi

This car was purchased new by Carmine Appice . Carmine, Jeff Beck and Tim Bogart went out and bought 3 different colors on the same day and took them on tour with the Beck Bogart Appice Band. Carmine was in Vanilla Fudge Pink Floyd and many others and Was alleged ro have written "Do You Think I'm Sexy” for Rod Stewart while drumming for him. This car has been in Italian Magazines, Cream, Cars of the Stars and many more... People from John Bonham, Rod Stewart, Prince, Vince Neil, Pat Travers Ted Nugent, Paul Stanley and more have ridden in this car with all documents. Its even autographed in the Dash by Carmine Appice.

Does anyone know anything or have access to any other information on this car.

I purchased it a few years ago and is now about to undergo a sympathetic restoration.

Any help would be welocmed.

Thx Tony


Is that Tony from Preston regardless ?
car sounds a nice one must come and see it some time, Pete with 3840 in Romiley UK

Here's your letter.

Capture_03

It has a flat decklid. That's earlier than an L Model.

The L series cars started about 4260 or so.

Rocky

Attachments

Images (1)
Last edited by George P
quote:
Originally posted by Peter Fenlon:
quote:
Originally posted by Tony H:
Hi

This car was purchased new by Carmine Appice . Carmine, Jeff Beck and Tim Bogart went out and bought 3 different colors on the same day and took them on tour with the Beck Bogart Appice Band. Carmine was in Vanilla Fudge Pink Floyd and many others and Was alleged ro have written "Do You Think I'm Sexy” for Rod Stewart while drumming for him. This car has been in Italian Magazines, Cream, Cars of the Stars and many more... People from John Bonham, Rod Stewart, Prince, Vince Neil, Pat Travers Ted Nugent, Paul Stanley and more have ridden in this car with all documents. Its even autographed in the Dash by Carmine Appice.

Does anyone know anything or have access to any other information on this car.

I purchased it a few years ago and is now about to undergo a sympathetic restoration.

Any help would be welocmed.

Thx Tony


Is that Tony from Preston regardless ?
car sounds a nice one must come and see it some time, Pete with 3840 in Romiley UK


Hi

You got me - one and same haha.

I have to do some homework with this car as it has a real interesting past. If only it could talk, I bet it would have some stories to tell.
quote:
Originally posted by Rocky:
Here's your letter.

Note that it also has a flat decklid. That's earlier than an L Model.

Note that the L's started about 4260 or so.

Rocky


Hi Rocky

Many thanks for this. Dont suppose you know where the original letter is??

I am looking to get as much info on the car as I can so as to be able to tell its story and have the back up to support.

My wife says I have lost the plot haha
quote:
Originally posted by Tony H:
quote:
Originally posted by JFB #05177:
the car shown on ProvaMo does have the split metal bumpers,thus pre L


Thats my car!
When it was in the US it wasnt stored very well and as a result the body is scratched to hell......not a happy bunny!
You should get back with BHCC and demand (request?) the hard copy of your letter. That's a big part of the history of the car!

Rocky


Or get Carmen to notarize the a high quality print of the photo I attached. There's a higher quality version of it somewhere. I'm just an interwebs detective, and a poor one at that.

PS> What's going on with those side markers? Does it have the American AND the Euro Style in the front passenger corner? This's interesting!
quote:
Originally posted by Rocky:
You should get back with BHCC and demand (request?) the hard copy of your letter. That's a big part of the history of the car!

Rocky


Or get Carmen to notarize the a high quality print of the photo I attached. There's a higher quality version of it somewhere. I'm just an interwebs detective, and a poor one at that.

PS> What's going on with those side markers? Does it have the American AND the Euro Style in the front passenger corner? This's interesting!


Sorry Rocky, dont know what BHCC is?

When you say side markers, how do you mean?
quote:
Originally posted by Rocky:
..
PS> What's going on with those side markers? Does it have the American AND the Euro Style in the front passenger corner? This's interesting!


I would guess that is a key switch for alarm

This post has me listening and viewing some GREAT late 60's Rock!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJtzlCa0lW4
BHCC is Beverly Hills Car Club. Your car got sold through there at least one time.

Again, the power of the interwebs



Rocky
BHCC have no reason to keep any paperwork or records associated with a car, so I suspect they didn't get it.

They pick up a lot of there cars from estate sales, barns etc., where often the heirs don't know or realize what goes with the car.

I saw this car at Carmines Mothers home in the '70s.  My close friend Bobby Rondinelli, also a famous drummer, took lessons from Carmine when the car was new.  Good memories.

Add Reply

Post
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×