Skip to main content

Here are some images from the event today. The location was spectacular, the cars the people and the weather were amazing. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect fall car show. It reminded some of us of a mini Concorso or Pebble Beach event but without the cost and commercialization.

The event was held at the historic Chateau Montebello which is located on the Ottawa River mid-way (almost) between Montreal and Ottawa, making it an ideal location for a large group of enthusiasts. Car clubs (mostly Italian except for one group that somehow snuck in) from both cities organized it together. Since our De Tomaso group usually gathers at Montebello for a fall run anyway we decided to join in.

The cars were on display along a small peninsula that separates a marina from the river. Because we arrived on the early side, we staked out a premium spot at the entrance which put us front-and-centre but also allowed us to make a quick getaway if things started to look grim. That of course didn't happen and most of our group were among the very last cars to leave.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • DSC_1110LR
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Well, frankly, ANYONE would stand next to it for photos. Mike Drew happened to be in Montreal for a family event and his timing couldn't have been better as he joined us for the day. For those who know Mike, none will be surprised to hear that the Pantera he was riding in to the event had a minor "Drewsaster" along the way. Fortunately all was sorted quickly and no permanent harm was done.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • DSC_1137LR
Truly awesome pics Mark. You captured the beauty of a wonderful Pantera day. It was great seeing everyone again in such a nice relaxing setting.

All of that, plus an amazing drive there and back (no tickets!)a stellar buffet and a wedding - what more could someone ask for?

But I can't believe I missed this fan enjoying my photo ops. I hope someone got her cell number so I could send her more details on my build.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Screen_shot_2013-09-29_at_11.29.32_PM

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.