Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by A Hudson:
First is Lamborghini Islero. Second is a guess for Aston Martin DBS, just before intro of the V8, (4 headlight six cylinder car), so 1968 it is. If this is right, it sure looks better from the side than the front! Do tell!

Well, you got the first one right. Keep trying. Big Grin
The last one with "McClaren" on it certainly isn't. It's a Manta kit car, usually sporting a significant American V8.

I remember reading in a showdown test in the late 70's of several then current supercars and the Manta kicked 'em all in 'race track' performance numbers. Low weight, high power, race bred suspension but virtually zero practicality. Hope that's right!
quote:
Originally posted by Carbo:
Pininfarina concept car from 1970-71 approx. It was called the modulo or modulus or something like that. Interesting the way the roof slid back for entry. I had a model of this car years and years ago

Yup. Pininfarina's Concept car for Ferrari—the Modulo.

Mic: a 1981 Talbot-Matra Murena? Smiler

How about this one:

Attachments

Images (1)
  • DSC_0710
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Charlton:
quote:
Originally posted by Carbo:
Pininfarina concept car from 1970-71 approx. It was called the modulo or modulus or something like that. Interesting the way the roof slid back for entry. I had a model of this car years and years ago

Yup. Pininfarina's Concept car for Ferrari—the Modulo.

Mic: a 1981 Talbot-Matra Murena? Smiler

How about this one:

The turquoise car gets my vote for most outrageous thing I've ever seen on 4 wheels. Mighty fine, so Italian.

Since early Maserati Bora's had the unusually 'holey' rocker design, and the alloys look of Maserati or Alfa Cromodora lineage, I'll say this is a Bora concept vehicle.

All I know is I'd like to take my son to school in THAT thing!
quote:
The turquoise car gets my vote for most outrageous thing I've ever seen on 4 wheels. Mighty fine, so Italian.

Since early Maserati Bora's had the unusually 'holey' rocker design, and the alloys look of Maserati or Alfa Cromodora lineage, I'll say this is a Bora concept vehicle.

All I know is I'd like to take my son to school in THAT thing!

Adams, I'm sure he'd like it too. You've got the country right, but it's not related to the Bora or Alfa. Keep trying! Big Grin
Link copied to your clipboard.