Skip to main content

I'm in the process of adding several new items to the AmeriSport parts line and changing several of the older parts. The first one on the modification list will be the bulkhead reduction kit or flat firewall.

The kit includes the bulkhead panel behind the seats covered or not/fast engine access or standard, steal engine cover, alternator/AC compressor bracket, belts and a hardware kit including allen bolts for the engine cover.

The change is the outer perimiter of the bulkhead panel that will now be removable so the material covering process will be much easer to complete.

If you are interested in the kit, please drop me a note off line at kre@adelphia.net I will be running a speical price through December on the first five ordered in any configuration---covered or not---fast engine access or original. The engine cover, brackets, belts and hardware will ship this month and the new bulkhead design will ship in late January of February.

All of the new designs are being built for the Howard Renshaw car now under construction.

I will offer various deals on other new items once the prototype is finished and the master design is headed for tooling.

Thank you.

Kirk Evans --- AmeriSport ind. ---
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Over the years, I have had a number of requests for parts built incomplete or with a lesser finish to reduce the price. This is the first time I will be offering the bulkhead reduction kit in 3 new basic forms. During AmeriSport’s assembly of the GT5-S USA version Pantera, the alternator was moved making room for an air pump needed to pass emission. The repositioned alternator creates the additional space required for a bulkhead modification the earlier cars allowing the passenger seat room to slide against the firewall. The bulkhead kit was built to add passenger head///leg room and has been a tremendous success.

The firs generation complete bulkhead reduction kit comes covered in black vinyl ready to install back panel, precision laser cut 16 gauge metal engine cover sealed with Lizard Skin heat shield, covered with padded sound deadener and finished with gray/black seamless liner material, a steal AC compressor and alternator mounting bracket that is production proven on every AmeriSport assembled Pantera since 1985, all the mounting hardware, and 2 V-belts for the AC to alternator and water pump to crank pulley.

The uncovered bulkhead kit comes with all of the previous described details less the vinyl covering but with material cutting patterns. You can also get this kit with the vinyl kit ready to install.

The Fast Engine access conversion comes with the center hump section cut and made removable without removing the entire bulkhead. This is ideal for those of you with a role bar or a fixed drivers seat. It will give you engine access in 3 minutes or less.

The 3 new basic kits are for the hands on builder that likes to spend time saving money.

The Basic kit comes with a bulkhead only with no vinyl holding strips, a black vinyl covering kit including all of the pieces sewn and ready to install (you must use your old metal stud strips from your original bulkhead to hold down the new material), a raw welded, sealed and drilled metal engine cover, (no paint or heat shielding---you finish) the AC—Alternator bracket, mounting hardware, and 2 belts (water pump to crank and AC to alternator) needed to assemble the kit.

The Very Basic comes with a bulkhead panel only with vinyl-leather cutting patterns, ( you have the covering made and/or installed) tack welded and drilled engine cover, (you finish the welding, heat shielding and painting) AC---Alternator bracket, mounting hardware, and the belts.

The Ultra Basic comes with the bulkhead panel and tack welded engine cover giving you only the critically parts needed to move your seat back adding head and legroom for the passenger.

All of the basic kits can be ordered with the fast engine access modification finished or parts only if you wish to cut and drill the bulkhead.

You can purchase each part separately including two types of the brackets (AC-Alternator combo or just the alternator relocation mount if you are not running the AC compressor in a Ford or GM alternator style) the hardware kit including stainless (SS) bracket mount bolts, SS belt tensioning arm bolt, 10-5mm allen bolts for the engine cover, 4-SD-508 AC mount bolts, Ford or GM alternator mount bolt, either/both V-belt, vinyl stud strips to hold the covering, vinyl kit, and a allen T-handle wrench for the 5mm engine cover bolt kit.

If you have interest in any of the basic kits, please email my direct contact address at kre@adelphia.net

Thank you for looking

Kirk Evans --- AmeriSport ind---
Link copied to your clipboard.