I know many of you purchased several of the 1/18 scale Pantera models from me
so you could keep one in the original box and another to display or paint
like you own car.

I also wanted to "build" a model of my own Pantera and during a rainy weekend
a week ago I disassembled and completely "rebuilt" the model to replicate my
own car. I would love to see photos of the models you modified to look like
your own cars.

If you get the chance, would you mind sending me a photo by email of your
model that you modified? I would LOVE to see them!

In fact, if I get enough of them, I will post them to my server on the
internet and we can let everyone see them!

If you would like to see how my car turned out, feel free to take a look at
the two sheets of photos I put together. You can view them at:
http://members.aol.com/dtomasocat/memorex/sheet1.jpg
http://members.aol.com/dtomasocat/memorex/sheet2.jpg

I look forward to seeing your models!!

Best regards,

Jim Demick
The Ultimate Detomaso Automobilia Catalog
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by RC:
Can I still buy one 1:18 scale Pantera Die cast? If yes, what's the first step?
Thanks!
RC

RC,

I still have the 1/18 Scale Pantera available. They are $29.95 each including priority mail shipping. You can make/send payment to:

Jim Demick
P.O. Box 615
Peralta, New Mexico 87042

Best regards,

Jim
RC,

You can have any color you want as long as it is Yellow! ) That is the only color currently available. Many of my customers painted their cars to suit their own cars. you might want to think of doing that as well.

I ship by priority mail so it takes 2-3 days for you to recieve the model in the U.S. once I ship it.

Best regards,

Jim
Mark,

All the striping and rocker panel lettering on the model is identical to the material used on my 1/1 scale Pantera. It is make of vinyl. It is the same stuff that sign shops make their signs out of to apply to automobiles. I cut each letter out using a "stencil" made on my computer. The letters are then applied to the model. That is why it takes an average of 60 hours to complete this kind of transformation.

Best regards,

Jim Demick
R McCall,

Glad you liked it! If I figured my time involved in each model....you would be able to buy a real Panera instead! I am doing a limited edition run of only 20 models of "real" Panteras. It is a lot of fun, but a lot of work. Can't really put a price on them.....you either have one or don't

Best regards,

Jim Demick
Mark,

The roll bar material was purchased from a hobby shop and is 1/16 inch diameter aluminum tubing. I cut/bent/sized it to form the cage. The padding is an adhesive backed foam (about 1/4" wide) that I then wrapped around the aluminum tubing. VERY realistic! The wheels were produced by computer. Believe it or not they are just paper! I took original photographs of the wheels I needed and then scanned them into my computer. The scans were then sized down to the scale I needed and then cut out. I then carefully cut them out and spray glued them over the existing wheels. You aren't really expecting anything on the car to be paper, so they DON'T look like paper!

Hope this information helps and PLEASE send me photos of your car when you are done!!!

Jim Demick
Mark,

Wow! A targa! Awesome! Please let us know when you post the pictures! Practice makes perfect. Right now the models are so inexpensive, there is no reason not to try another one! It will be much more difficult to modify one of the Mattel models in 10 years when they are going for $300 each!

Jim Demick
Mark,

Atta boy! The "Panera" lettering on the bottom of my models are actually hand cut each time. It takes quite a while to do since you literally cut each letter out with an exacto knife. I could easily send you the "pattern" I work from, but it might be a while before I could send you the actual decal.

Jim
Not a problem! No charge, but there is a fee! You need to post pictures of your car when you are finished. Deal? You DO realize that the wheel inserts are just paper, don't you? It isn't as easy as it seems though. For those of you planning on doing something similar, you need to have a photo of the wheel shot from the exact center of the wheel. If the photo is off center, it just won't look right when you scale it to size.

Please email me with your mailing address and I will get it out to you!

Jim Demick
Jim.... I know they have since come out with a Blue one as evidenced on their website... Has anyone seen these out in the stores yet?

Dave

Dave,

I haven't seen them in stores yet. I do have them in stock if you are interested. They are still $29.95 including priority mail shipping charges.

Best regards,

Jim Demick
If there are still any available, I would like one of the GT5
Contact me at jvcoz@earthlink.net
Thanks
Coz

quote:
Originally posted by Demick:
To my great customers,

I know many of you purchased several of the 1/18 scale Pantera models from me
so you could keep one in the original box and another to display or paint
like you own car.

I also wanted to "build" a model of my own Pantera and during a rainy weekend
a week ago I disassembled and completely "rebuilt" the model to replicate my
own car. I would love to see photos of the models you modified to look like
your own cars.

If you get the chance, would you mind sending me a photo by email of your
model that you modified? I would LOVE to see them!

In fact, if I get enough of them, I will post them to my server on the
internet and we can let everyone see them!

If you would like to see how my car turned out, feel free to take a look at
the two sheets of photos I put together. You can view them at:
http://members.aol.com/dtomasocat/memorex/sheet1.jpg
http://members.aol.com/dtomasocat/memorex/sheet2.jpg

I look forward to seeing your models!!

Best regards,

Jim Demick

Link copied to your clipboard.