Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Danno:
Comp2, my hats off to you. Looks like your car has had a resto once before.My car had the same look two yrs ago with the exception of the wiring harness.God that box of wiring makes my hair stand up.Seems like the car is in great hands.

Dan

Dan it had a mid 80's resto. It had a lot of work done to it. It's in pretty good shape actually!
GO Gary .... nice job ... I made my rotiserre and found it hard to attach in the front ... but it works well .. I was determined to put jacks on it so I could take it off the jack stands and get it up so I could rotate it.... only thing is I have not gotten to far with work, yard work but my garage is almost done .. insulated and sheetrocked for the winter ...radiant heat ... my project will pick up speed shortly ... Best of Luck.

Ron

Attachments

Images (1)
  • DSCF0030
Ron,

I would love to see a bigger photo of your front mount. I used 1-1/2" square tubing where the suspension was bolted:

I jacked my entire dolly up which worked real well for me. I put the dolly on jack stands at the needed height then built the frame work:

Since mine is not adjustable I will have to re-weld cut and re-weld to change the pivot point. Your pivot point looks lower then mine. Where is it and how do you like the pivot point you have?

Gary
Ron what do you think the car weighs stripped down? I could lift both ends and I doubt I could dead lift over 400lbs so I was guessing about 350-400.

I don't have photos but it is all tack welded. I just need to take the mounts off and weld them up. I'll be out of town this weekend so I am not sure when it will happen.

Gary
The wieght ..well I lifted it about 6" off the jack stands ... I'm not the HULK but my interior is still inside ... I'd have to say your guess is close it would be nice to get a hold of one of the old meat scales and attach it to the engine crane ???? HUMMMMM!!

I will take a close up of the front mount.

Mine rotates ok but needs to be guided as it wants to go over on the roof but it also wants to go right side up.... it fells like it doesnt want to be on its side.

Ron
Link copied to your clipboard.