Skip to main content

For Sale DeTomaso Pantera.

This Pantera has had extensive modifications including body, interior, drivetrain, wheels and suspension.

The engine has been upgraded to a 418 CI Windsor Stroker. Full rebuild performed approximately 7,000 miles ago. Rebuild included full forged and balanced rotating assembly, 10.7 : 1 compression, Ford Performance Solutions CNC ported and polished aluminum heads with 225CC ports, custom ground 246 duration and 570 lift cam, aluminum Super Victor Jr. intake and a holley 750 carb. Coated headers and dual stainless exhaust. Engine Dyno'd at 530 HP and 520 FTTQ. Chassis Dyno'd 416 RWHP and 426 RWTQ. Aggressive mean growl. This thing moves!

Further cooling upgrades were necessary for the larger engine. So the car was brought to PI. Motorsports of Orange California where I had a full stainless Fluidyne 4 core radiator and electric fans installed. All the hard piping was replaced including two new stainless tanks in the engine bay. The 5 speed ZF trans was polished at this time (as an assembled unit). A high torque starter was fitted as well as four adjustable aluminum coil overs with 400 lb spring rates. A pair of new half shafts were installed as well.

While at the shop I had the interior redone. The seats were recovered with custom embroidery. New door panels, recovered the dash and front panel and carpets replaced along with custom Pantera mats. A new OEM windshield was fitted as well.

Wheels and tires upgraded as well with 17" Hall Pantera polished aluminum wheels. 13" rears and 10" fronts. JFZ brakes were fitted by the prior owner as well to replace the the small factory brakes.

Body and paint were done prior to my acquiring the car. Paint is approximately 15 years old and shows signs of wear. There are rock chips here and there and stress cracks above the front fender flares. Paint is ok as a driver, but does need to be resprayed to be perfect.

This car no longer has A/C, the ducting remains but there is no compressor on the motor. There are a few other minor things, such as slow windows and broken turn signal switch.

Overall a very nice Pantera. Always draws a crowd where ever she goes. I have owned it now for nearly 5 years and there are other cars I would like to experience as well. I guess I just can't own them all, something has to go to make way for something new. Possible Porsche 930/911 Turbo trade, up or down.

Asking $45,000 O.B.O.

Thanks for looking,
Steve

Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Link copied to your clipboard.