Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

It might be a little high IF it is not as original as it appears in those few photo's.
But being that near original, that sounds like a good deal to me.

the 10" rear wheels Should add $4K, wonder what the steering wheel pad looks like.

Make an offer and see

edit to add...
the car has some nice photos on ProvaMo.
looks like the 10" were added recently
The original Craigslist posting had pictures of the engine and front compartment. The front was clean and the engine bay was as you would expect for original. I bought mine 4 years ago but I paid less than half of that. My car had some upgrades and nice paint job. I've restored it and it runs fine but I can't believe they've gone up that much in such a short period
The cars have went up, but I believe its also the little things that matter. The 10" inch wheels are rare and sought after. The advertiser lists a complete tool kit which is also hard to find and if all of those factory Dzus fasteners are present that can save a lot of money and headaches, if the buyer is interested in doing a factory appearing restoration.
The cars are finally getting the well deserved recognition for being a true mid engine sports car and the only one with Ford heritage short of spending a small fortune on one of the Ford GT40/GT iterations.
You look over on the Shelby forums and guys are spending over $5000 to have an original battery. I think that some want and recognition for originality or original appearing parts is also starting to take hold on Panteras and other Detomaso products.
If you are not aware the Hagerty valuation tool can be a useful indication of values, past and present. It is built from a cross section of sales from private, dealer and auction.

4 years ago (Jan 2013) a Good #3 car was valued at $53K, that car is currently valued at $81.7K.

Add in the fact a set of 10" Campi's are selling for north of $4K currently, it looks to be priced well for a sale in the current market.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.