Skip to main content

I have been lusting after a pantera for some time and have been given the opportunity to purchase a 1973 Pantera. I have a couple of questions. The car has 40K original miles, and is a #2 car. It is completely stock except for the radio and the color was changed from red to black ($8,000). There is no rust. The car recently had the front end re-done and new exhaust put on. It runs and drives great. 1) what is the car worth 2) when did the dash board change from two pods to one (I think it was 73...however are there 73 cars with two pod dashboards?)

Thanks in advance for the help
Original Post
snip....

Things were chaotic during the time Ford was attempting to run DeTomaso Automobili in late 72-late '73, so yes, the dash changes and a host of others (outside gas fill, different seats etc) were set for early '73. But not all "1973" cars got all the changes. I know of at least 2 early '73-builds that have the early dash.
As far as being 'stock', no radio at all was supplied by Ford or by DeTomaso. 100% of the radios were locally installed by whatever dealers had around. The car is worth whatever the seller is willing to accept.
Link copied to your clipboard.