Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Funny enough I dont have any more pictures. I was so busy taking pictures of other Panteras I neglected my own. This picture was taken while waiting for a flat deck truck. During the Birch Bay weekend my alternator belt broke. I got it repaired the following weekend in time for the annual hot rod run, kind of the last hoorah for the locals. Driving through town at low RPM's with the headlights on must have taken too much power. The car wouldnt start when it was time to go.The wierd thing is that the fuel pump stayed on. I guess the low voltage must have caused my Fuel Injection computer to malfunction. One of my injectors must have stuck open because I got a hydraulic lock while trying to turn the engine over. Luckily no damage though as the car didnt actually start. After the cylinder was cleared we started the car up. When it started I revved it up instantly to get the alternator into charging range. After about 5 seconds my buddy told me to shut it down as there was a big puddle of oil forming under the engine. Im sure you can all imagine the thoughts that ran through my head. Fortunately after troubeshooting this just ended up being a big burp from the oil tank to the breather tank as the sump had filled with oil while the car sat. The car is now back in the garage for the winter with the motor in partial teardown just to be sure there are no hidden issues. Next summer I plan to have all of the issues worked out that were making me nervous this year. As for the dyno question we did make one partially successful run. I say partial because the car started to come off the dyno at 4500 RPM a result of not enough strapping. This is the dyno sheet. The operator reckons he was at 80% throttle at the time. I was grinning from ear to ear.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • scan0005
quote:
As for the dyno question we did make one partially successful run. I say partial because the car started to come off the dyno at 4500 RPM a result of not enough strapping. This is the dyno sheet. The operator reckons he was at 80% throttle at the time. I was grinning from ear to ear.

wow.

Smiler
Congrats on finishing (is it ever really finished?) the Pantera Blaine! I've been watching your posts on Car Domain for a couple years now. It sounds like you're a blessed man - wife, son, car, etc. Don't ever take it for granted.

Anyway, I look forward to the next dyno pull after you finish this winter's projects.

Cheers!
Garth
Blaine,

Beautiful car!

When I saw you on the Pat Bay Highway, you must have been on your way back from Mile 0 after taking this picture. (I was the guy hanging out of the Smart ForTwo.)

I sold my own Pantera in 1976 to go Formula Ford racing. Since then, I have told myself that I don't need another one, I have "been there, done that", and also that anything fun in a car only accumulates traffic tickets.

But seeing yours was like seeing an old girlfriend again (same buzz, but my wife actually encourages me!). I immediately started looking for Panteras for sale, and I may even have a 1974 just like my old one lined up; I'll find out next week.

Now look what you've done Wink

Best regards,
Marcus
Marcus,
There is a gentleman selling a pre l locally as well. Drop me an email at panteraturbo@shaw.ca if you are interested. I am still waiting for him to drop off a spec sheet on the car so I can post it properly. By the way here is a video of the dyno pull. http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6b990f36-cfe1-4d98-9ed9-985301887122.htm The dyno work was done at Zensport Auto over at Keating business park. Give me a shout if you ever want to meet up for a coffee/beer depending on the time of day. I will post some engine bay pics as soon as I get some good ones.

Blaine
Link copied to your clipboard.