Skip to main content

I'm not shocked, but am saddened that you're moving on. I've enjoyed our exchanges and hope they continue despite your impending ownership change. You've been a rock here and your contributions and perspective will be missed. The next owner will be getting an extremely good car. Keep in touch.

Mark
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Charlton:
I'm not shocked, but am saddened that you're moving on. I've enjoyed our exchanges and hope they continue despite your impending ownership change. You've been a rock here and your contributions and perspective will be missed. The next owner will be getting an extremely good car. Keep in touch.

Mark

Thanks so much Mark. Totally mutual back to you, except that your contributions here have actual merit! We also need to complete our last conversation left hanging.

I doubt I'll go very far as I'll live vicariously through other members, including my Canadian friends who are cornering the De Tomaso market!
quote:
Originally posted by TomCat:
So we will be down to one common car?
:-(

Neither of us have 'common' cars! Smiler

We may be down to 'zero' in common! I sold the NSX to a friend; the GT to you (my friend also!); the BBi (F chatter), the 328 (another F chatter), LT-1 convert (another F chatter), so I am depleting toys. <--All this has taken me 3 years!

The Pantera has always been a sentimental favorite, longest history with me.

Just restructuring my focus now. Added a beach property to the mix, which is easier to share than the cars! (I think the FGT would make a great beach car, so come on down and leave me the keys.)
quote:
quote:
(I think the FGT would make a great beach car, so come on down and leave me the keys.)

Thanks for the offer BUT if the Ford GT goes to any beach, it will be at my place on Perdido Key, Fl.

Is that just over the AL line, east of Orange Beach, Ono Island? We're in Sea Grove Beach, east of SeaSide, not too far away. Just follow the trail of Pantera tears to my place!
quote:
Originally posted by A Hudson:
quote:
quote:
(I think the FGT would make a great beach car, so come on down and leave me the keys.)

Thanks for the offer BUT if the Ford GT goes to any beach, it will be at my place on Perdido Key, Fl.

Is that just over the AL line, east of Orange Beach, Ono Island? We're in Sea Grove Beach, east of SeaSide, not too far away. Just follow the trail of Pantera tears to my place!

Exactly...we might become neighbors afterall :-)
SOLD

After many excellent inquiries and sending out 60+ photos, 3 videos, and more info than I thought I'd amassed on the car myself, the car is sold.

Heading back to it's 'home' where I originally purchased from the original owner exactly 9 years ago: Michigan.

He (I'll let him introduce himself later at his discretion) drove 12 hours to come look at it, spent about 3 hours looking under, over, inside, driving, asking questions.

Once he agreed to the car, we proceeded to load a Ford Explorer to the the roof with parts. Seriously, both seats folded flat, the car became a storehouse of parts: seats, OEM wheels with Original Arrivas, OEM headers, OEM distributor, valve covers, air cleaneer, OEM intake, OEM rebuilt carb, AC, parts, parts, parts. Whew.

Today the transporter came and took 7059 away. And a new chapter begins with me, the new owner, and of course the car. It was a 100% joy to own - or to be the steward - and I wish the new owner well in his tenure.

This forum was and remains of huge and enduring value. Many friends made, many knowledge quests successful, many parts secured. Really appreciate all.

Miles and smiles all around!

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Pantera_in_transporter
quote:
Originally posted by garth66:
Congrats on your sale Hudson! And congrats to the new owner of #7059. We hope to meet him soon.

Keep us posted on your next adventure.

Thanks Garth! He'll chime in I'm sure. Will do, I need to keep myself posted on my next adventure, making it up as I go.

quote:
Originally posted by doubleG:
Hey Adams. Please let the new owner in Michigan know I have the twin car to yours. 7,500 miles on my green '74. Take care!

I think he already knows you, or of you. Your car was a the former MeadowBrook show, and he had pics of it. I had to slam his phone shut since yours was making mine look worse by the second! You guys will meet for sure if not already.

quote:
Originally posted by sjdennis:
Congrats to you and the new "steward"!

Thanks so much. I'll still check in regularly and live through you guys!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.