Skip to main content

HELP.....Im seeing all sorts of weights posted so what is your best estimate? (I'm seeing in some reports up to 3400)

1974 with Group5 Kit (flares & delta wing), and lets say 1/2 tank of fuel. Only other mods to note might be 16/17" wheels vs camp's, aluminum coilovers vs orig koni's.

(pics are on my profile site under photo albums).

Bob
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

A U.S L model typically weighs 3250 plus or minus some small amount. Mine was 3235 lbs. The big steel flairs slightly increase that weight, and the wing itself weighs some 40 lbs. Aluminum wheels are considerably heavier than stock magnesium wheels so that ups the total, as does the larger tires. So my guess is about 3400, but you can easily check this by finding a race shop & paying them to do a 4-wheel weighing. Or, a cheaper way is to load the tub with newspapers & go to a recycling center. They will weigh the car going in (loaded), and weigh it going out (empty); all you need do is ask what the numbers were. If its a slow day, they may do the empty wt with you out of the car, saving you the trouble of subtracting your weight. And at some POCA tech sessions and Pantera parts vendors, they have race scakes available free.
Link copied to your clipboard.