Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have seen that very car several times. The owner sent it to the DeTomaso factory to be converted from LHD to RHD so that he could import it. Cost for conversion? Simply to move everything over (ie no other restoration work) was $40,000. Add that onto the price of a pristine Si and you can see how the owner has sunk some big $$ into the car. That doesn't mean he'll get his money back of course .

I have handfuls of photos of the interior of that car in a billion pieces... And how Enrico, the mechanic, had to hand-fabricate a lot of the parts since there were no patterns to make RHD cars...
My guess would be that Ford stopped importing the Pantera to the US in 1974. I seems that the gt5 cars were produced later. Bumper height, crash testing and the 5 mph bumper, were the demise of the importing. Re-importing these later cars from other countries to the US market was expensive. Most of the cars I see here have been converted or upgraded to the gt5 standards. When I say seen, I mean on the internet. The only Pantera I have actually been able to touch in 25 years is mine. I bought it on the other side of the country unseen off Ebay and had it shipped to me. Talk about exitment! Having my car delivered was a day to remember. By the way..you should always add a new pic of your car every time you post! I love it!
Link copied to your clipboard.