Skip to main content

I recently replaced the clutch, throwout bearing, pilot bearing, and pilot bushing. After the reinstall the transmission seems to be stuck in gear when I put it in neutral. Also, if I put it in 5th gear the wheels don't turn. I also can't get it into 3rd. ??help?? It was working fine when I took it out and it only sat for a week and a half before the reinstall. Clutch is adjusted correctly. It released completely. It feels like it goes into all gears OK except 3rd. I thought it might be the linkage out of adjustment so I removed the shifter linkages at the transmission and with my hand I can put it into all gears except 3rd still. I know this sounds bizarre bit it is really happening. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Husker,
There is no slop in the linkage. I already checked that. However, to eliminate the possiblility of linkage trouble, I took the linkage off and with my hand put it in neutral, 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, and R and it exhibited the same symptoms. I still could not get it into 3rd.
Link copied to your clipboard.