Skip to main content

Hello Everyone; I am in the process of replacing my shattered windshield, along with the gasket & trim. My question is.....Should I replace the new windshield trim with either the "2" piece or "4" piece trim?. I'm thinking that the 2 piece would be the better choice with the reasoning....."less is More"...2 pieces would be more rigid than 4. Also I'm ordering the gasket from Roland in Germany, & he asked me if my car had "2" piece trim or "4"?.....Is the gasket trim configuration different depending if it's for 2 piece trim vrs 4?.....Thanks, I want to get this "RIGHT"!!!!!......Mark
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Bosswrench:
As a third alternative, consider "no-piece" windshield trim. That is, leave it off! From 10 ft away, the bare gasket appears as blacked-out but without all the hassle in attaching the trim without bending it.

Personally I would not advocate that approach, the trim is a structural piece of the gasket assembly and as many aftermarket windshields out there are undersize, you run the risk of it falling through on your dash at some point. The trim should be inserted into the gasket and the windshield, trim + gasket all installed as a single uniy, done poperly there is virtually no risk of bending your trim.

IMO if you really want the trimless look get one of Wilkinsons modern glue in windshields and do away with the gsaket and trim altogether.

Julian
Link copied to your clipboard.