Skip to main content

2005 PCNC TRACK EVENT - ANNOUNCEMENT #1

The Las Vegas Fun Rally is rapidly approaching! Once again the Pantera Club of Northern California is going to sponsor a two-day track event, but this year we will be moving to a different track than last year!

Due to LVMS doubling their rental rate, PCNC has booked this year’s track event at Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch in Pahrump, Nevada. Located about 58 miles from the Plaza Hotel, the Fun Rally has used this 2.2 mile road course in years past, but it is under brand new management, they have gone out of their way to accommodate us on Thursday and Friday, April 28 and 29, and we are looking to make this the best Fun Rally track event ever. You can visit their website at www.springmountainmotorsports.com to learn more about the course.

We are again offering either one or two day pricing, and will reward your early signup with prices much lower than last year’s. To encourage more new drivers, and of course previous veterans, signing up before February 1 will give you a true bargain price of only $150 or $200 for one or two days, respectively. From February 1 until March 31, the prices will be raised to $175 and $250. If you wait until after April 1, it will cost you $200 and $300. But whether you sign up early or late, nowhere else will you find more track time for less money. Due to the exclusive nature of our event, the track is relatively free of traffic, meaning you can get hours of safe, supervised track time experience to polish your driving techniques unimpeded by masses of other drivers.

For those of you seeking a bit of competition, there will be the opportunity to participate in a no-kidding race on both days; the first day’s race will be a qualifying race for the main event on the second day.

Whether you drive a track prepared Pantera, a heavily upgraded car or just a well maintained survivor, this is THE event designed to bring them all together. We expect to see the return of many drivers such as Larry Stock, Matt Merritt, Kevin Hubby, Richard Plotkin, Charlie Puckett, Greg Esakoff and Dennis Quella.

The PCNC web site will soon be updated to include all the necessary forms and information. Until then you should be arranging your vacation so you won’t miss out on all the fun that awaits you and your Pantera at the 2005 PCNC Fun Rally track event. DRIVE IT!!
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Coz,

The track is less than an hour's drive from The Plaza, the Fun Rally base hotel. As usual, there will be options on how many nights you spend at The Plaza, and all the packages are quite a deal when you compare prices against anywhere else. With The Plaza so close, PCNC has not looked into Pahrump area options.
Thanks Dave. That is what I am looking for. That other website just repeats what is posted here already.
I look forward to the update. I am planning my track time for next year, and need info on various events. I hope to run in one of the Dawgs ORR, just for a different experience to my usual track time. My car is set up for track events, but I can make the necessary changes for a Open Road Race.
Thanks for the info guys.
I made an offer to Bill Santos months ago to update the website (http://www.geocities.com/lasvegasspeedtrials/index)
for the 2005 event, but he never responded. Later I learned indrectly that Bill has picked someone else to build the track website. To avoid any confusion, I've turned-off last year's site:

http://www.geocities.com/lasvegasspeedtrials/index_main06.html

Anyone interested in online details of the 2005 event should visit the new site. I presume the new address will be posted when available. Until then, basic info can be found at the PCNC website.

Chuck
Link copied to your clipboard.