Skip to main content

After 15 months the car finally made it out of the garage and around the block under its own power.

Still a long way to go but making good progress. Next steps are the Wilwood Brake swap, interior /dash assembly and upgrading the AC system.

Some of the pics were taken before I finished the stainless exhaust.

I appreciate all the help from the forum so far and sure I have more rookie questions coming.

Thanks,

John

Attachments

Images (3)
  • 20230923_130947 (1)
  • Exhaust
  • 20230930_183051
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Lardog,

The S/S exhaust was a kit from Dennis at Pantera Performance in Colorado.  The kit comes with collector mid-pipe and mufflers.  It was about 3/4 of a day's work to cut them to fit and take them in place.  Once I had it tacked together then the local welding shop finished TIG welding them.  They were $1300 with shipping/tax about $325 to have them welded.  Some owners said these were loud, but I think they are perfect.  Not as loud as the Hall Big Bore mufflers I had on before.  I included a low-resolution video so you can hear them.

Thanks,
John

Attachments

Images (5)
  • Driver Side View
  • Passenger Side View
  • Rear view
  • Side  View
  • Tip Close Up
Videos (1)
Pantera #2551

This one is from Quick Jack and is a 7000 series so I can lift my Raptor to do oil changes.  They have different versions if you don't need to lift 7000lbs.

It has two levels and is set to the lowest level in the pic. 

I was able to slide under the car and change all of the cooling pipes and hoses during this amateur build.   It's great for changing brakes and rotating tires.

It's hydraulic/electric and can run off a 110V/15 amp breaker.

Thanks,

John

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.