Skip to main content

Does anyone know of this new "revised" HEI distibutor for the 351C on Ebay through White Performance? It's advertised as a HP 315C, model 6506-R, 50,000 V thru 7500 RPM. It's a one wire, complete unit w/ a 3 year warranty and just under $50. Is this a good setup for the Pantera and is anyone using it? Thanks,
Ken
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Ken,

If an updated ignition system is your goal, might I suggest putting together a Ford Duraspark system?

These are highly engineered, dependable systems that will not leave you sitting in East Podunk when a component fails when you are away from from home on a road trip. Any of the Big Name systems work fine, and may be called for on an all-out engine, but parts are not sitting on shelves across America - Duraspark parts are everywhere.

I run a Mallory Unilite only because it was there at time of purchase.

From what I've heard of others' failures over the years, I've come to view the Duraspark as the practical man's answer for an ignition upgrade.

YMMV

Larry

And if the $50 purchase price is not a typo, I can see no way it is a "good" setup. Perhaps a good setup to get your money, though. Wink
Larry,

They sell for just under $50 plus shipping, I went to their web site and they do seem to sell a lot of performance parts, but I have never seen a complete HEI for that price.
The Duraspark sounds like great advice, I'll start searching.
Any of the Pantera vendors sell the ignition upgrades, or available at the local NAPA etc..?
Thanks,

Ken
Link copied to your clipboard.