Skip to main content

4/11/2016 Track Boss update...
Foundry emailed today and said "that casting #3 looks good, they will be heat treating tonight" We may...see casting by the weekend!!
(2) Track Boss 8.2 intake manifolds
(2) Track Boss Cleveland block

#1 TB Cleveland block..."Sliced up"
#2 TB Cleveland block...prove out machine program...then sliced up to confirm machining locations.
#3 TB Cleveland block...machine and assemble!!

We will probably build fixtures and machine the (2) TB8.2 intake manifolds first. They will be quick and simple (compared to the blocks). As long as the (2) intake machine well, we will then order 50 castings. We already have about 30 names down for the TB8.2 intake.

‪#‎trackboss‬ ‪#‎clevelandblock‬
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Astounded at the sheer audacity of your project. Besides pouring some alloy into a mold for a block-looking chunk of aluminum, there's the external machining, drilling and tapping of a hundred holes to at least Class 2 located maybe +- .003", precision machining all the lifter bosses and distributor hole, the cylinder bores, oil passages & pump mount, main bearing supports, cam bearings.... Shop time around here is $125/hr. Good luck and keep us up to date, please.
quote:
Originally posted by TMeyer:
Doug,
The Track Boss intake was originally designed in the early '80s by B&A Intakes.
They are a single plane design and are for installing the Cleveland head on a Windsor block. At this point we have acquired the 302 intakes and will be acquiring the tooling for the 351W block next.

Thanks Tim. I just didn't understand what relationship the manifolds had to a 9.2 block.

I just associated the two as for intended for one engine.

The obvious is that they are two seperate entities?

My bad.

Some day I will come across a 2x4 Holley 180 degree intake made for a 9.2 cleveland. THAT would make more than my day.

I find it strange that it is about the only Ford that one was never made for.

Hope you do really well with these projects.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.