Skip to main content

A bit of background ....

Today I collected my new and unused dash-one ZF transaxle after it was turned the right way up for my application (will be mated to my original Jaguar quad-cam prototype "XJ13" engine). The transaxle had been intended for a Pantera but the owner never got round to using it. It needed to be turned through 180 degrees for my application. The conversion was carried out by Paul Fleming in the UK who looks after a range of racecars including GT40 1005. Paul managed to unearth a pair of original XJ13 driveshafts which he added during the conversion. These genuine shafts are unique to the XJ13 and had to be modified in period because they are also used as suspension top links.

My question ....

Although I have access to one of only three original bellhousings remaining, it is only for photographs/measurements and so I need to make my own. Here are a couple of pics of what I want to end up with:

My options are probably to model a new one and have one either cast/machined-from-solid OR add some sort of sandwich plate to an existing 4-bolt one (the final width of my bellhousing needs to be no more than 118mm).

Anyone have any ideas? Perhaps a suitable bellhousing they no longer need? Do you know of one that already has a wide enough flange I could drill to suit my block?

Neville
Building the Legend - www.xj13.eu
Original Post
Link copied to your clipboard.