Skip to main content

Thought I would share a few photos from the Downshift Meeting in Beenleigh weekend just gone. This type of meet is quite informal and is really just a showground that is hired out for the afternoon for people to hang out and look at some interesting cars. It is usually frequented by a much younger crowd so not a lot of muscle cars, but plenty of evo's and skylines etc. Still it is a good opportunity to meet up with good friends and show off the Panteras to a new generation. There was just two of us there but we would love to see more if anyone is interested.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 13329404_1024190834327644_8312434085535623250_o
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Nice! Cars and the rest.

I took mine out to its first cars n coffee here in Adelaide on the weekend as well. I'll get a couple of photo's up of that but much the same response... always a small group hanging around it with the "ones in the know" talking themselves up about fibreglass, back to the future and all that stuff.

Got to ask - what tyres is 512-TCS running on the back? LOVE how they're filling out those rear tubs.
I really like the wheels on 512. I think (from a previous thread) they are Rota Wheels?

Can anyone provide the model #, and the size and backspacing / offset?

They seemed like they might be a good price if we could get a set here in the Good Ole USA.

PS. I also like the models.... I guess that's what happens when you drive a Pantera - All the guys can get the smokin' hot girls. Here is an example.... (scroll through the Pix..., esp. Picture #9 & #10!)

#5177 Back In The Day!
quote:
Originally posted by George P:
Thanks James, great photos!

Great cars!

Thanks George. The photos were all taken by photographers which attend many of these events. One of the great things about attending is you always pick up some great photos of your car. The photographers are the unsung heroes. Smiler

The tires on the rear are 335 R888 Proxes and the rims are indeed Rota GTR's. All the offsets etc. can be found here.
http://pantera.infopop.cc/eve/...291012056#6291012056

Rocky you're a lucky man, but I'm sure your wife liked you and not the car!
quote:
Originally posted by Rocky:
Funny.

That's not me in 5177. That's JFB5177.

I got married 20 years before I got my car - so she had to like me for me! Plus, she hates my Pantera!

Sorry my mistake!

So your wife did like you for you, if not your taste in cars! She must be a good cook if you have kept her around this long and she doesn't like the Pantera.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.