Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Eric - my guess is that your car must have been imported from europe at a later time - the original pantera chassis failed in the US-crash test and the car could not be imported by ford without updates to increase chassis-strenght to frontal collision.

Those updates were added to all cars subsequent to chassis 1285, including the last about 100 pushbuttons (from approx. #1286 to 1383) that was send to the US. The rest of the early cars, including yours, known as euro pushbuttons, was not updated in the chassis and was sold in europe and other non-us markets.

Kristian
quote:
what are the differences from the euro pushbutton and us

I think there are experts in here that are more knowledgeble on this topic than me, however, the early, early cars differ in many areas.

The euro pushbuttons differed from the US pushbuttons primarily in the chassis. They are basically the same, but after the crash-test performed in the US, A LOT of reinforcement was added by the factory. Most was centered on the front structure that was redesigned, but also the inside of the cabin and floorpans were strenghened, primarily to protect against the total collapse they experienced in the crash-test.

Then when the cars arrived in amerika, they (at least the '71 cars) were further updated at Bill Stroppes shop in CA - that included further chassis updates.

I think I counted 25+ reinforcenments that are MISSING from my early euro pushbutton compared to all post-#1285 cars. An excample is inside the cabin - in the picture I marked the areas that were reinforced after #1285 (I've added the centerstructure to my car).

Kristian

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Pantera_cabin
Link copied to your clipboard.