Skip to main content

I have for sale my 408 C.I. All Aluminum Fuel Injected Engine. All it has is Dyno time on it and ALL parts are new. It has a POLISHED Fontana tall (9.50")deck block, with POLISHED C302B heads. The heads were virgin, when I started, and I minimally ported them, but not too much. It has a 4.060 bore with 4.00 stroke crank and 9.5:1 compression. The crankshaft is a reduced counterweight diameter, and has been knifed edged. It is installed in my Pantera currently, and everything fits. It has a roller cam, roller rockers, and the very best of everything. It has a Kinsler 2-7/16" Mechanical Injection. It makes approx 690 HP with the injection and 650 ft lbs of tq with 9.5:1 compression. This IS a WoO Sprint car engine with less compression, and much less cam. To make over 800 HP, what you would need to do is just change the pistons, cam and injector nozzles, for alcohol. This engine is an honest 8,500 RPM engine with the right cam. It dies out at about 7,500 now. To go to an engine builder and have this engine built would cost approx $21,000 to $24,000. I want $17,500 (firm) for this engine, complete with the Electromotive ignition, and $500 Kinsler fuel surge tank, to allow this type injection to run on the street, without vapor lock. This also would include all of the stainless fuel lines, and 3 bypass valves, and return lines (approx $1,500 worth of fittings). For the engine, less the injection, $15,000. I know you can find used Sprint car engines out there for less, but this is already set up for the street, and nothing else will have to be bought. It will come with a brand new zero balanced flywheel. Also, this will include another dyno run, or an additional $500 credit. Everything was brand new.

I made a complete set of stainless steel headers, for the GT5S Pantera, and the entire system is available for $2200. It includes (4) Borla Round Stainless Mufflers, with (4) Borla Polished Stainless tips. The headers are (2) pipes into (1) muffler. This way everything wasn't squeezed into a tiny 2-1/4 collector. I have (4) 2" collectors. These will only fit with a TALL deck block, and raised port heads.

I will only sell the headers with the engine, or after the engine is sold.

Thank you......Gary
grr456@aol.com
Original Post
Link copied to your clipboard.