Skip to main content

The time has come for me to let my engine go. As you guys know I am in the process of installing a Coyote into the Pantera and I need to sell this to fund the project. The engine spun a main bearing due to fuel dilution in the oil. It has been removed, cleaned, checked, mains line honed, cylinders honed for the new rings, all bearings replaced. With injectors and dry sump pump and associated parts this motor is ready to go. While it can and has been used on the street with no issues this is a race motor. It idles and cruises just fine and I frequently would shift from first to fourth when I was putting around town. The engine has made 811 RWHP at 14 PSI but highest on paper I have is 790HP. Dyno run can be seen here Details are:

412 CI Windsor
Ford SVO M-6010-K350 Aluminum block modified for piston oil squirters
Ford forged steel crankshaft zero balance
Manley 14055 H-Beam rods narrowed to .938
Arias pistons at 8:5/1 compression 35cc dish
New 0 Mile 1/16 1/16 3/16 Stainless Ring set
New Rod, main, and cam Bearings
Custom Comp Cams solid roller grind for turbo application
Isky Solid roller lifters
Comp 3/8 pushrods
T&D Machine shaft mount roller rockers
Edelbrock Victor Jr. heads ported by Kuntz&Co. 2.05 Stainless Intake 1.620 Stainless Exhaust Titanium retainers
Modified M-6268-A302 timing set
Danny Bee 1513 torrington cam thrust plate
ARP Main Studs, Rods Bolts, and Head Studs.
Cometic MLS head gaskets
Heavily Modified and ported Super Victor Intake Manifold (works but might recommend something different)
Accufab 90MM throttle body
Fabricated valve covers modified for LS coil Packs and Moroso Vacuum relief valve
Aviaid Dry sump low profile oil pan
Aluminum clockable water neck
New Edelbrock Victor series water pump
Jones Racing products Dry sump mandrel and pulley set with water pump belt

Engine comes with:
Custom Fabricated 321 Stainless Turbo Manifolds (Burns Stainless tubing and merge collectors)
Twin Turbonetics T-70 Q-trim ball bearing turbos
Haltech Sport 2000 ECU with base tune that starts and runs motor on Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors
AEM engine position module
MSD Crank trigger wheel and sensor (Will need to make custom mount for sensor if using this. It isnt needed with the AEM position module)
Wiring Harness
LS truck coil packs
McLeod Aluminum Flywheel
Mcleod Street Twin Clutch with high capacity discs (dyno time only)
All Sensors
Stock Pantera motor mounts clearanced for block ribbing

Things you will need:
Injectors (1000CC minimum!!!!!!!) Recommend Injector Dynamics 1000cc as that is what the ECU is set up for
Dry Sump Pump, lines, tank, misc fittings (oil Cooler Recommended)
Boost control solenoid
Turbo oil feeds and drains
Wastegates Manifolds set up for TIAL 46mm gates
Fuel system
Accessories

The Good:
This motor makes GOBS of torque, I mean MASSIVE. The only limit is the block which Ford rates at 1200 HP. This engine can easily hit that number.It will easily kill you and had traction issues on all the gears even with my 335 rear tires. It is absolutely terrifying. It was built originally by Kuntz and Co. who are well known for their skill in building ford racing engines. In the 1/4 mile due to traction issues it ran a 12 second pass which is not that impressive for the power levels but it had a trap speed of 136 MPH. Any drag racer can understand how high that is and with good traction what this engine is capable of. Since then I have configured the ECU to control boost by gear (will need a speed sensor input to ECU to use this feature) which has made a dramatic difference in power delivery. The ECU is a very nice unit and has tons of options such as launch control, boost control, switchable mapping, flex fuel capability, Closed loop fueling and more. The windsor motor bolts directly to the ZF and engine mounts. If you are still running the Cleveland you will need to rework the coolant lines to fit the Windsor.

The Bad:
This is a race engine. It has forged pistons which will require proper warmup before thrashing. The forged pistons also do not have the same lifespan of cast pistons. They require larger clearances to function safely. As power levels increase longevity will decrease. With excessive power levels there is always the chance of breakage. Not just the motor. This will tax your car as well. be prepared to spend money on halfshaft and axle upgrades. Certain engine upgrades have drawbacks. The cylinder heads flow like gangbusters but have an alternate bolt pattern on the exhaust which requires silicone on four of the header bolts as they protrude into the cooling jacket. The piston oil squirters help lots to keep the pistons cool but they do reduce hot oil pressure. The dry sump system is complicated and costly. Will need to fabricate an alternator mount. There is a small block repair in the lifter valley due to some minor porosity in the casting there (non structural). The intake manifold works well but really needs to have some new fuel rails made up. I have put up with them but I dont feel comfortable selling them with the motor.

Asking $18,000 USD
I think this is everything but if anything else comes up I will add it. I will also add pictures when I get a chance.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.