Skip to main content

After nearly two years of building, searching and testing, # 5208 was finally entered for racing.

Taking 3th place in the first race, 2nd in the second race setting the fastest laptime over the two races, it was a major succes in field with Porsches, Camaros, Mustangs, Ford GT 40 and other racecars.

Still there is some work to do that has mainly to do with cooling down (engine, brakes and tires).

If everything works out, it will be entered for a second race weekend at the Nurburgring at the end of october which will give enough time to sort out the last details during the winter in order to make in a winner.

See you on track Big Grin

IMG_7300

IMG_7511

IMG_8422

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_8422
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

excellent pictures of a Pantera on the track ... we don't get enough of those!

I'm glad the car is working well for you ... best wishes for many fast laps ahead!

(About the pictures, you can only upload one picture per post of a "discussion" type thread using the forum's photo uploading feature. One way to upload multiple pictures is to start a new "photo album" instead of a "discussion". It is possible to display multiple pictures in one "discussion" post, but to do so you have to load your pictures onto a photo hosting web site like Photobucket, after doing that you paste the host's URLs for those pictures into the text of a post, up to 8 pictures per post. I ask that you limit the width of your pictures to 1000 pixels. The URLs have to be bracketed by the "display image" UBB code which looks like this [IMG]URL Here[/IMG])

-G
quote:
Originally posted by ALFA4FUN:
It was indeed a Bravo Historic race @ Zolder.

Best laptime was 1:48.928

that's already a great lap time ! about the same some of my "friends" get out of them Porsches's GT3 RS on trackdays....with 415 HP...

can you give your weight / HP ?

I (was) building a Porsche 928 for trackdays and hoping "Bravo" ( with my son as driver , i'm getting old ... Frowner) but my engine builder Havik RS near Zolder went broke some months ago and stole my engine ! we do not found him anymore and is away with my +25k engine build.... Mad see what i can do ... I also have the old "Bravo" 928 from Jerry Deweerdt which i rebuilded and have a fresh engine in...
plans for the future .... Wink
Barry, what's to old ??????

Age is a state of mind and you're never to old to live a boy's dream.

I'm nearly 50 and some of our drivers are over 60 !!!!

So get out of the trunk of your car and join the Historics (cars and drivers)

About the car, it's 1275 kg and 500 hp but no ABS, no traction control, no ASR and no slicks, just my left foot and 500 hp. You should try it, it's fun.

My motto is " IF EVERYTHING SEEMS UNDER CONTROL, YOU'RE JUST NO GOING FAST ENOUGH"
quote:
Originally posted by ALFA4FUN:
Barry, what's to old ??????

Age is a state of mind and you're never to old to live a boy's dream.

I'm nearly 50 and some of our drivers are over 60 !!!!

So get out of the trunk of your car and join the Historics (cars and drivers)

About the car, it's 1275 kg and 500 hp but no ABS, no traction control, no ASR and no slicks, just my left foot and 500 hp. You should try it, it's fun.

My motto is " IF EVERYTHING SEEMS UNDER CONTROL, YOU'RE JUST NO GOING FAST ENOUGH"

yes, you're right Big Grin.. sure it's fun, but i tryed it on Zolder and the concentration is quite demanding... should practice on this.1 lap ,2 laps, yes, but 20 min/1/2 hour ? every straight,every corner going full .... don't see it happen that easy Frowner Ok, 30 years ago i did rally (some years) with specials up to 20 km but then i was 25/30 ..now 55... sure, first try had also alot of stress...more viewing the rear mirror for cars eventual passing then concentrating my lines .. Smiler... perhaps...
A bit late with my reaction, but...

party

I don't get to see any of the pictures though, nor in Firefox, nor in IE.

A gathering of Belgian owners is one thing, a gathering with owners AND cars, an other. There are more Pantera's (DT cars) in Belgium, but few owners are active on this forum.

Some of us seem to be really busy too (or constantly on the road for that matter), and some of the cars are track beasts.

Other than that, my "pussy" Big Grin is asleep too, as I took of the heads, and have no replacements yet.
I know !

I enlisted the Alfa for the race because I wasn't sure the Panera would be ready with all the cooling problems we had during testing.

So the guy doesn't know what car it is, look's at his starting list and claim's it's an Alfa.

Somewhere during the race he say's "what a magnificent Alfa, it look's like a Lamborghini".

So, that tell's us a lot about his skills !
Link copied to your clipboard.