Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

...#2 Camera 'Rooftop' (Sony) Movable Magnetic Mount. Can be placed anywhere, and pointed in any direction, the Cable can reach. View Suspension Movement, Throttle Action, Cockpit Action, Drivers' Ugly Face, Etc. NO Damage to Roof or Scratches on Paint. Still Testing, I Think I'll Take it Off the Roof and put it on the Deck!. The Wing Partially Blocks the View, and I don't Really want anything Higher than The Roofline. I do Have a Sony Camera/Video Recorder...

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 10-17-2011_Anttenae_006
Last edited by marlinjack
Rear view camera + sound: ZOOM Q3 which I put on a little tripod and taped to the fire exstinguisher located between the seats.

Front view: my buddy holding his smartphone Smiler

You then need to have a program that can handle multiple video tracks. I use Sony Vegas.
In Vegas you can use the Pan/ Crop tool to zoom, rotate and move the two tracks/ events separately.

Don´t forget to sync the tracks and mute the audio on one of them (in this case the smartphone).

The ZOOM Q3 is now available in a HD version as well. Might be getting one of those or perhaps a GoPro camera. Anyone tried a GoPro?

Marlin, what´s the full name of that rooftop Sony? Great looking car btw!

Too bad the season here in Sweden is coming to an end Frowner
This here car is highly addictive, in case you haven´t noticed Big Grin
Oregon Scientific has an HD model ATC9K, it has some nice built-in features like a g-sensor, it's waterproof, has a remote (IR, so you need line of sight - the Drift has a radio remote, so extra points for that!), a display so you can line up your shot, and has an optional GPS sensor that you can insert next to the battery and it will show you a plot of your route and some stats beside the video ... It's Achilles Heel according to reviews is the mounting hardware ... but for $199 at Costco (Canada), it might be worth a try and if it isn't any good, Costco will take it back within 90 days.
quote:
Originally posted by stag4.2:
Hi all, regarding the jelly fish images, I've had exactly the same on a Gopro that a friend lend me.I love the camera but before buying one I have to be sure that I don't get this jelly fish image !
Who can advise ? Thanks

Are you using an HD GoPro? I have gotten pretty good results with an HD GoPro, although sound quality leaves a lot to be desired. A friend of mine has used an iPhone on a windshield mount that actually produces good quality shots that don't have that jelly affect like you were talking about. I will try and find that clip and post it.

I'm planning on devising a mount in car to mount my iPhone 4s because like some more expensive systems, I have an app that will take GPS data, and overlay a track map with position, and a speedometer to the video that you shoot. And as the iPhone 4s has a 1080p sensor now with real time video stabilization, it is starting to turn into a pretty awesome in car camera.

If anyone has an iPhone and wants to try the app, it's called "Harry's LapTimer" and it's a pretty slick app. It has hundreds of pre defined tracks around the world....

Chris
Link copied to your clipboard.