Skip to main content

5756 will be featured in a soon to be published issue of Hemmings Sports and Exotics under the Buyers Guide series, an updated version of their buyers guide done a few years ago. Should be the May 2014 issue.
They saw the car while doing a cover story for the April issue on 2 Japanese cars I store for a friend, a Toyota 2000GT and a Mazda Cosmo Sport. They loved the color and fact the Pantera was a low 12k miles and mostly original paint.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_5009
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks for the compliments!
I was hoping they would add some of the history of the car as its a great story.
I bought the car from the 3rd owner, if you do not count Ford Motor Company as the first owner.
The car was flown over by plane to Dearborn, where it was a Ford Motor Company EPA test car.
That is supposed to be why a Marti Report is not available, as it was not a retail car.
It was sold to a Ford employee, who put wire wheels, aftermarket carb and intake manifold on it. He sold it to the second owner when it was a year old, who kept it about 3 years and sold it to the guy I bought it from, who kept it until 2011 when I bought it.
When I traced the second owner from old paperwork included with the car, I asked if he remembered the car, he replied, yes, when he bought the car it had wire wheels on it, and came with the original perfect wheels in boxes, used for 1 year, that he still had stored in his garage!
I made a deal to buy the wheels and reunite them with the car, 38 years later!
It had 11,000 miles when I bought it, just turned over 12,000, mostly original paint. Really a nice original car! Thanks
When I was out west for the Rocky Mountain Rumble a few years back, 5754 & 5758 were parked together at one point, we opened the hoods and the Body Service numbers were consecutive, so it was likely the first time the two cars were that close to each other since coming down the assembly line one after the other.

Body Service Numbers are 51529 and 51530
Rocky, Glenn, what are your BSNs ... I assume they are pretty close.

Sorry to go off topic here, it's just cool that there's a cluster of cars still alive and well in such a tight range ... Quality Control must have been on the ball that week Smiler

Attachments

Images (1)
  • P1280099_100a

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.