Skip to main content

I dropped by to visit 5758 in the "hospital" today, and hey, what do you know! It has been standing on its own wheels since Monday, and being driven in and out of the shop for overnight storage under its own power!

Bent bodywork still, that's next; but definitely much happier.

Four new springs, four new fancy Koni adjustable shocks, lots of new control arm parts, ball joints, bearings, etc., as well as the four new brake rotors I was going to put on the day I crashed it.

My expectation is that the handling and braking will be considerably improved once it is back on the road.

Of course, it's going to be very wet here when the car is finished, our monsoon season has started: Victoria Reservoir Level Chart (PDF), Sooke Reservoir storage summary

But once the dry weather comes, rock and roll!

(Sorry, no pics; didn't think I needed a camera when I went.)
Original Post
Let us know what you think of the Koni adjustables. I have been told that they are better than mine. I have Hall/Aldens and think they are way too harsh. Maybe I need different springs.
If you plan on lowering your car significantly with the new shocks, you may want to consider new adjustable upper A arms in the rear while the car is still being worked on. They were necessary to get my car properly aligned in the rear.

Later, Mooso.
Link copied to your clipboard.