Skip to main content

my parts counter guy at ford said part # m-7003-gt is a 6 speed replacement for the ford gt list price is $13,000 that includes the bell housing for the 4.6 or the 5.4 modular what do you guys think? he said i can get 4 for the low price of 11,000 each how diferant are the half shafts on these? would it work with a pantera ?
i know the mod motors have a clearance issue with the wide block any thoughts?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Are they ZF's ?

quote:
Originally posted by fly:
my parts counter guy at ford said part # m-7003-gt is a 6 speed replacement for the ford gt list price is $13,000 that includes the bell housing for the 4.6 or the 5.4 modular what do you guys think? he said i can get 4 for the low price of 11,000 each how diferant are the half shafts on these? would it work with a pantera ?
i know the mod motors have a clearance issue with the wide block any thoughts?
ifin you didnt have a engine or trans axel or half shafts for your pantera which is my case ,and you were thinking of going to a modular motor and this transaxel mates up to the motor . i was thinking of looking for a crashed mustang cobra donor car for the engine , intake, computer then maybe purchase the 6 speed from ford. I also resect the purest with the cleveland with the zf and a carb but since my car i bought with non of these items i might be in a position to go in this direction please tell me your thoughts thanks fly, a newbee
Fly,

Personally, I think your headed in the right direction given your situation. Most of us have limited choices since we are somewhat bound by existing engine/ZF components.

However, your going to have to do some careful research. In particular the distance from the driveshaft to the water pump/crank pully to make sure it will fit without using the #1 spark plug as an arm rest. DOHC nodular motors are a tight fit ( See photos of ZONKEY http://pantera.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8250045562/m/9390056393about half way down the page.

Perhaps you could get the required information from someone who knows the new Ford GT VERY well.

Ron
One person would want to return the car to stock condition, another semi stock with upgrades, a third would want to go as wild as his/her imagination & budget will allow, and a fourth would want to make it a race car.

Whichever direction you go, it's YOUR direction, and its OK with your fellow Pantera owners. You have our support.

My only question, when do we go for a ride?

your friend on the DTBB, George
I've been to Panteras by Wilkinson and he doing this exact combo for a Pantera owner. There is extreme modification done to the infrastruture of the car. This includes a rollbar throughout the body. The cost of this modification is BIG dollars! If you have the bucks, nohow and time, then go ahead with the purchase. The trans is much longer and wider than our ZF's.
Link copied to your clipboard.