Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by PanteraDoug:
They certainly are not going to get cheaper then they are now.

I dunno Doug. Pantera owners are gtting to be senior citizens. Sooner or later we will die andthere will be a glut of Panteras on the market all at once. Most of the young people will have no idea what the hell these cars are so will assume they are not worth a thing. They may pay or survivors ten cents on the dollar for the scrap metal value. Then again, they may buy them and stick Honda fuel cell motors in. Or maybe even a Mr. Fusion reactor so they can run forever on a bannanna peal????
I'm 38 and the only people my age that know about the Pantera are people that have to listen to me talk about them.

But there is some good news...youngsters will be impressed if they see one. My wife (who is 28) went to look at at a '72 GT5 conversion with me last weekend and said "that car is beautiful, I want you to have it" and that was before she heard it run. All the younger designers that work for me love the die-cast model I have on my desk.

The problem is that no one ever sees them on the street. The guy that owns the Pantera I looked at (and hope to buy next week) has it parked in storage. He hasn't driven it in over a year.

Robert
But Robert, you are the xception to the rule. Sure when I take my car to shows and stuff the little kids go bonkers over it. They think it is like the batmobile or something. Most people just assume it is an exotic car so far out of reach, that it signifies the owner is a self absorbed arogant asshole with so much money to waste they no longer care. Well in my case it is all true except for the too much money part, but that's not the point. Er, what point was it I was making again?? I can't remember now, but it seemed like it was important, er, oh wait, now I remember!! Most Pantera owners are getting older. Did I say that already???
Well I'm older than DeTom and I sure don't feel old. Especially when I see a beautiful white car like that, Robert.

Forget "the people." What do they know?

Your wife is smart. She wants you to be happy. Getting that car will make you happy. Sometimes. Sometimes not. But hey, just kidnap the banker and make him an offer he can't refuse.
quote:
Originally posted by george pence:
The Pantera is an Italian mistress. Once she gets under your skin, no matter how crazy she makes you, you can't help but love her.

So that's the car, huh Bob? BITCHEN!

(another white GT5, Jeez David, how many are there?)

How many are there? How much snow is there in Canada?

There's no limit.
Link copied to your clipboard.