Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Unfortunately the rest of the car is not really photo ready. There is no interior, the paint needs some attention and the front grille is removed. The tank is Greg Esakoffs old forward mounted fuel cell to make some room back there. I am hoping to run 18psi and develop somewhere around 1000hp. Not that I will ever be able to use it all but why the hell not. The car hasnt bee weighed yet but I am sure it wont be a featherweight. The plugs are not that hard to check. I can reach them all through the side glass holes after the air scoops are removed. Oh and Birch Bay is a definite this year. I wont miss it again.
Wicked. What can we say.....Well done.
Yes plse. Lets hear it when ur ready.

By the way, how does one post a short Pic & Sound clip? Can it be posted here on this Photo Gallery? - I have some sweet AVI's of my Grp4 motor running with Webers & 180's...also footage of 2x GT40's racing along coast road I shot from 180klmsperhour remote-controlled twin-stage jet turbine helicopter with video camera.
It it absoluty georgus! I would hate to to be a main bearing when that puppy gets up on the boost. because it is going to pound the crap out of them. everything in that motor is going to have to be perferct to handle the extreme loads. Good luck, BTW Mark, Our moderator posted a video with sound using windows media player.
Zowie! What stunning 'postings,'and what a website. Boy are we all fortunate......

Hiya Emery. - Iam totally Ellectronically Illiterate (as well as not being able to spell in english), but as soon as i find a youngster willing enough to help me here on this damn modern science- fiction 'communicating device', - i will post my picture & sound clips of the G40's and a bit of yanking on the old throttle of my darling Pantera during a session we had recently setting up the Webers on the new motor.... promise. tai
Hi Emery.
Just to let u know ; the Ford GT 40 "chase" footage on the music video plus "The Making Of" the movie & other interesting footage will soon be on my 'WheelNuts' website:- A site dedicated to the MotorHeads out there....Lots to come, also short clip of the 'Weber Tunning Sesion' we recently conducted with Hall 180 exh. system. Sounds incredible.... ( exits out the sides not out the middle at back of the car....
Just did the ford taurus power window conversion on my passenger side. The plastic gear was shot so I figured it would be a good time to do it since I had the door panels off anyway. I pretty well just have to get the interior back together and have a breather tank made up for it. After a little paint touchup I plan to be at the Birch Bay event in September.
The car originally had a 289 ford I believe. The only thing left original on the car is the body. It has a full chassis underneath with a ladder bar rear suspension. It has been tubbed and I think has a 9" ford rear. The motor is a 425hp LT1 mated up to a Tremec 6 speed. One thing that increases the coolness factor exponentially is that it has Pantera parts on it. Anyone recognize those seats? The first, and only time he ran it on the strip produced high tens and pulled the front tires off the ground. With a little more experience driving it I think he could have got low tens-high nines. It doesnt help that the firewall was cut back six inches to fit the new motor. You basically drive with your knees against your chest. Kind of like some of you driving our cars but worse. It is a very cool car though and turns heads wherever it goes.
Link copied to your clipboard.