Skip to main content

Doug .. " but where does it all stop?" LOL Thats about it what you see is where I;m going to stop ... maybe a some bot in support with the bracing sold by the vendors. I hear ya .. the rockers I;m depending on the stock for a pretty substantial part of this equation.

Michael .. you took the word right out of my mouth .. Doug I would love to see some ideas .. I do have a pic of what Amerisport sell .. I'll post it.

Julian .. I by no means are a SCCA expert .. but I know these rule books are written from experience .. so I use it a s a guide. ..I decided after remembering how much of a money pit RACE CARS are .. that I will make 6476 a street car.

Ron
Well Ron, if you was to make it an all out race car you wouldn't have to worry about such stuff. No turn signals, no parking brake, no passinger seat, no carpet, no radio, no heater. The list goes on and on. I bet you could remove your whole weight worths of stuff from a dedicated racer. But then again, the lightest single thing you would have left is your emptty wallet. Big Grin
No insult taken ... I guess its a matter of strenghtening and old flexed and rusted car ...and for my saftey. At Pocono 9138 hit a crusing speed of 165mph .. it felt pretty damn good. So theres some events I wouldnt mind attending where the cage will serve multiple purposes. Trying to also put an interior back in is no easy feat .. but I enjoy the challenege the problem is finding the time.
Ok I;m finally getting caught up ... the weather in NY has been way too cold to work on 6476 .. but heres my progress .. I'm trying out a tankless instanateous boiler .. the europeans are going to say we have had these 30 years .. but I made this up in our shop at work and mounted it now I just connect the electric power, gas and heat lines and soon I will have heat to continue.

Rome wasnt built in a day............LOL

Ron
Gary this set up is only for radiant heating I installed .. but could also be used for Domestic Hot Water and with a small heat exchanger ..... you can use it for both. The sellling point is there is no storage and maintaining a hot water tank ... and it is direct vented out the side of the garage and in the same flue pipe it brings in combustion air which on its way in is heated by the exhaust air ...for combustion ..they claim about 95% efficiency. +\- ...

Ron
You do keep busy? When does the testing begin? You are going to need some kind of a shell seat I think?

I think that you will need some more legroom. You can shim out the pedal plate to about 2" without interference. It helps a lot but you still can't fix the intrusion of the inner fender into the footwell.

I just climb head first out of the car. Getting in isn't as much of a problem. Ofcourse if I had my lft leg shortened by about 6" it would help getting out.
Doug,

Not familiar with the term sheell seat ?

And actually I was thinking of moving the pedal plate back into the car ..since I;m only 5-9 ... and it would give me more room in the front for the battery and fuel cell.

Yes the intrusuion into the footwell from the wheel well isnt so bad on the pantera ..but my cobra is murder on the left knee.

I have more problems getting out of 9138 because the floors are dropped from the factory so low that I have to roll from the seat to the roccker panel.

Actually I havent made much progress ..with baby one one year old today and # 2 is on its way .. but the new heating system will give me an oportunity to work in the fall and winter when business is quiet.

Ron

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.