Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by lastpushbutton:
Black is so classy. You must have most of it covered so you don't get compound all down in the cracks, right?. I hate to buff, it takes so long to get right. Share some of you buffing tips with me Mark!

LPB I wish I could say I buffed it myself, but I wussed out, and hired a Pro! even masking the car off, it has a ton of compound everywhere! I'll need a month of Sundays to get her clean enough to put together. I'm happy to have her home in the garage. As far as the tips, I'll make you a list of product, and in what order to use them.
Mark
Just Awesome Mark! I love black also! I noticed you changed the tail lights out. Got the old ones for sale? also, what mufflers you using?
Thanks Smiler
Emery
emery@hawaii.rr.com

quote:
Originally posted by Mark#6808:
6808 is polished and back home in the garage tonight, Christmas came early.<BR>I'll take better pictures tommorow,that properly show her new paint, she really looks stunning in black
Thanks all for the kind words. I'm starting to realize that the last seven months without 6808 being road worthy, are starting to pay off, if I do say so myself.

Emery, the mufflers are PI motorsport with the turn up cut off, and sorry, I'm saving the rear lens for spares.

Thanks to the PIBB for all the support and kind words

to be continued............
Hey Mark,
I just got 6808 back Monday, I've been up until 1:00 am for the last few nights, just cleaning the car so I can put it back together. Traffic school Saturday (thanks officer) Sunday is Pantera day, I'll post Sunday night, but keep in mind, I probably have a months worth of put together on 6808 (WHY DID I CHOOSE BLACK?)
Regards Mark
quote:
(WHY DID I CHOOSE BLACK?)
Regards Mark

• You're a masochist?
• You want even MORE driving awards?
• You don't want George riding your a$$ every post about the wimpy colour of your car?
• You want to drive the meanest, baddest Pantera possible?

Don’t worry, brother, it WILL be worth it!

Mark
quote:
Originally posted by deeb:
Car is looking awesome Mark. I am very jealous of your engine bay, great stiching on the interior. Can't wait to see the rest as it goes in. Obviously a well thought out plan.

Thanks Dave, I'm not sure how well thought out it's been, but it's getting there.

Loved your Saturday post!

Mark
quote:
Originally posted by dean:
is that a TL i see in the background?

A very WRECKED TL Frowner
A old friend wanted to by a very hoped up 02 GSXR 750 I had. When I found out it was for his 18 year old son, I squashed the sale, so he bought his boy the TL, which got a little shorter (thanks to a Honda Civic) within 3 weeks. It's a poject for the future (when 6808 is done). His boy had a broken thumb and some road rash, but was ok for the most part, he doesn't ride steet bikes at this time (he still lives at home, and Dad learned his lesson, and forgave me for not selling him the GSX-R)
Sounds like a happy ending. That's unusual in motorcycle accidents on the street.

OK now lets get that car together for the swap meet better take a few days (or weeks) off from work.

Hey have you spilled brake fluid yet on the paint. I made a mess of the frame rail in my engine compartment. I would have cried if it looked like yours.
Very happy ending!

I'd love to have 6808 ready for the swap meet, she's close, but still missing a few nick nacks that I hope to track down this weekend. No brake fluid spilled as of yet, but I do plan on re-doing the hard lines from the master, hopefully I can get it done without spilling, I think a spill would send me over the edge at this point!

Mark 6808
quote:
Originally posted by PWT Pantera:
No pantera garage is complete without a ducati! Nice 916! here my 97 748 sps.

Sorry for the non pantera pic but hope fully Mark appreciates it.

Randy
I do like it! I always wanted to Carbon Fibre the whole thing myself, but sadly, she only has the Lite Carbon Fibre treatment.

Current motorcycle sharing the garage with 6808
96 Ducati 916 w/5700 miles
02 Suzuki TLR project bike
03 Ducati 999 w/1k miles
I agree. That last one looks just right. But I'm getting worried about you now, Mark. With all that geeking, you are never going to driver her. You'll just lok at her all day - hey nothing wrong with that, but remember the grin you get when you stomp on it. To heck with the dirt, stones, bugs and all that real life delivers. Don't forget to have fun.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.