Skip to main content

1969 Mangusta for sale. #760 (aprox 130th built) Project quad headlite car. Not for faint of heart, will need welding skills to finish this one. Although I can find no accident damage, it does have major rust in the floor pans and rockers, some in the very bottom of the doors. This car was completely dissassembled to start restoration, but was never completed.

This has the aluminum hood (very nice!) and rear hatches. Balance of body is steel. Only the first few cars had steel hoods and hatches.

Ford 302 engine is not present, but this is not a problem. A 5.0L will bolt right in. We do have the special parts for the motor, the mounts, pilot bushing adaptor, jackshaft etc. It's just missing the "Ford" parts.

Factory flywheel, clutch, block plate, bellhousing, half shafts, and ZF tranny are all present. New shocks still in boxes.

ZF is in the process of having new bearings installed. Most aluminum parts have been cleaned and bead blasted, ready for reassembly. Clutch and M/C's will most likely need resleeving, but they are original versions, and rubber seals for these are actually very simple to find! Most are available from NAPA!!

Air cleaner is present and in good condition. All AC parts are there, glass, etc. Original radiator, aftermarket electric fan. (big!) Has original coolant overflow tank, original water valves, but they are coroded and weren't a good idea in the first place....

Car has Hall "ultra" wheels I believe. Uses the fake knock off with the black "Isis" logo. New tires, were stored inside the house so have no checking etc associated with a car stored outside.

All the rare Girling brake calipers are present. These are the same version as used on Shelby big block 427 Cobras!

Car was originally "apple green" with a saddle interior. It had been repainted black over the green. Interior was left alone.

All guages appear in very nice condition. Has rare original steering wheel.

Also has the original tool bag, but none of the original tools appear to have survived.

All in all, I have seen other people, and know of one gentleman doing this exact job right now, hopefully he is retaining his templates for the floor pans!! (I know he is... and will most likely gladly share!)

If you are a body man, or can tackle simple sheet metal fabrication, and have always wanted one of these most beautiful cars, this may be for you. Most of the hard to find parts are present on this car! It has more of the parts present than my car had, with the exception of the wheels.

Body is presently stored on a custom rolling dolly. It looks like it could be turned into a rotisserie very easily if you wanted to.

Priced very reasonable at $14K. Of course, you would be responsible for transportation. Body is located in San Jose, CA.

Please contact me for more info. I am working on getting some pictures together, but have not had the best weather and time to do so yet....

Steve Liebenow
408-727-8678 eves
steven.liebenow@att.net
Original Post
Link copied to your clipboard.