Skip to main content

Anyone interested in 4 original Campys? I would prefer pick-up but I will ship at your expense.
The tires are nothing to brag about and one rear has a suspicious bulge in it. The Wheels are in good condition.
I don't have a pic of them off of the car but I would be glad to take some and email them if you like.
tkaus@gis.nmt.edu

Thanks

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

No, it's not your breath. Shipping will cost another $400 (or something close), so total cost is on the order of $700. I don't know anyone willing to spend $700 on original Campy wheels. Some might if they've been professionally restored, powder coated and are in "like new" condition.

Try selling them on eBay. They seem to regularly fetch $200-$300 there. FWIW, I found two sets of 7's & 8's for $50 each in the last 7 months. Both sellers wanted to reclaim some much needed garage space. One set was out of state and was going to cost more than they're worth to me to ship them, so I passed. The other set was in San Diego. I had a friend who lives near by pick them up and bring them to me on one of his trips to Northern CA.
quote:
Originally posted by kats:
Just FYI, I sold my campis a few months ago...I removed the old crappy tires and shipped just the wheels..........pair of 7's and 8's. Cost $101.00 to ship cross country through UPS.

Did you box each wheel separately, put them in one box, or merely affix a shipping label to each wheel? Just curious.
I was able to but 2 rims in one box. They were some boxes I had left over from when we moved and they fit perfectly. I put a piece of cardboard between the rims and taped the rims together. After that I packed in a bunch of newspaper as padding. Hope it is enough!! I have heard horror stories about UPS!! it cost just under 60 bucks to ship from New Mexico to Alabama. (59.96 to be exact)
Wheels arrived today and they were just fine. Great going on the packaging (I only undid one box, assuming the other is just as nice.)

Thanks so much. I hardly have to do much to them to make them ready to go!

Hey, you and I got chastised for awful mirrors some time back... and now my Vitaloni copies are OFF my car with originals in their place. Do you want them? Can't beat the non-existent price! Let me know. Thanks again.
Great!! I am glad they arrived in one piece! I have heard stories of how bad UPS can treat shipped items!
I looked at what it would take to remove my "mouse ears" and there is an extra hole drilled in the door to mount the mirrors. I can't see anyway to cover it up with different mirrors so for now they will have to stay. Thanks for the offer though!
Link copied to your clipboard.