Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Holy cow!!! When I looked this morning, it was only like $6500 bucks. It is over ten grand already??? Whoa!! Pantera market is hot. Hot, hot , HOT!!!
Come to think of it though, it is all there. That one guy wanted seventeen grand for that rusted out shell. This car is all there, still has paint and everything and he only wanted ten grand?? Wow. Just shows to go ya. They are worth whatever people think they are.
Yep, I agree I um hoping someone gets her and puts humpty dumbty back together. Isn't funny how fast stuff comes apart when you don't know nutting and how slow things go back together when you know even a little. I think he was like a big kid! I always loved taken stuff apart as kid myself, but never could get it back together or worse always had that box of left parts. Go figure 10K sounds go, but they better have a whole lot of loot to still put in her to make her right!
We have talked about this a bit before. What do you think the base price would be for a complete, solid car in need for restoration? A car with everything and relatively solid, but a car that needs a full restoration. We put the price for a car like this at $15k. The problem with a car that's been dissasembled is one you question if everything really is there, and two, you loose the oportunity to dissasemble it yourself and learn the car.

Gary
Yep being a newbie myself I have taken plenty of pictures while "coz" takes his car apart and puts it back together and apart and back and apart and back Roll Eyes Yep that RV cam has pictures of it coming out of baby also!
quote:
Originally posted by DeTom:
Hey that taking pictures of the car as you take it apart is a good idea. That way if you can't remember how something attacched or where it went, you can go back and study the pictures. Keeping notes would be a good idea too.
quote:
Originally posted by DeTom:
Hey that taking pictures of the car as you take it apart is a good idea. That way if you can't remember how something attacched or where it went, you can go back and study the pictures. Keeping notes would be a good idea too.

When I started my MGB I took photos of everything. I have since reffered to those photos many times. Digital photography makes it great. It makes it easy to stroe a multitude of photos on the computer and allows you to work with the photos as needed. For instane dark areas can be singled out, blown up, lightened up with contrast changes to see what's going on.

If you take a car apart, deffinantly take lots of photos!

Gary
3 hours to go and its at $16,750...Wow, I'm amazed at how the value of our cars is taking off recently. Glad I got in there and got mine late last year, I thought it was expensive initially (bought sight unseen), but the more I delve into it and now looking back I got a great deal.

A lot of people must have discovered the P car, maybe that's a reflection of the number of members and visitors to this board.
Well I know Jim Cozzolino DID NOT win it since his handle is different on ebay. Anybody else we possible know in the group who got it??
quote:
Originally posted by accobra:
It went for 22.5 and I think one of our members landed it. I think it needed some tender love and care and if I think it is who I think.... it will end up as nice as the his present car.
Ok sorry I thought it was him ... I guess we have a difference of opinion. With all the talk of this site getting a huge amount of people on the site .. and speaking to vendors they have noticed a huge amount of action also ... and a bunch of cars popping up for sale .. I think that Pantera was a good investment.. Maybe because I can do the work myself ? Rust ? when you bought your Pantera you signed on to RUST and all. LOL
Comp2 , exactly my point .. with all the talk of rust on a Pantera ... my experience is that every 1973 car I have ever worked on and that includes GM, Ford Dodge etc. the Pantera's I have seen have less rust then those other manufactured cars. I think that car was a good buy at 22k. Its already taken apart.

Ron
There's a Jim Cozzi (not to be confused with Jim Cozzolino) whom frequents the board, maybe it was him who bought it?

A good buy at $22.6K, I'm not so sure, unless prices really have taken a step change upwards over the last few months; a) There's a similar sort of dismantled project in the latest POCA newsletter with all new suspension for $15K, why hasn't that sold? b) about $5K more would have still got a complete running car.

One thing is for sure, I bet the seller is pleased as punch, his reserve was met when it hit $10K.

Julian
Link copied to your clipboard.