Skip to main content

This car (4134) I previously owned for 25 years. And was excited when I was contacted by the current owner a couple of months ago to see if I was interested in buying it back. He told it was in the same condition as when he bought it from me 3+ years ago. Sadly, it was not close to the pristine condition when I sold it. And it has a couple of significant mechanical issues. First, the ZF now grinds going in to reverse unless you first put it in to second gear and then engage reverse. He also had contacted me previously inquiring if I had been using synthetic oil because he noticed oil in the coolant bottles. When I inquired to see if he had repaired this issue (head gasket or other) he denied any issue saying he changed the coolant. The pictures in the Hemmings listing are not current but taken by him shortly after he purchased it. The low-definition video is current, but is selective in not showing some now cosmetic defects. The car is still very nice but not worth his price based on the work it now needs. And a thorough inspection should be performed by any perspective buyer.

Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.