Skip to main content

Hi friends,

I’ve decided to look for a new home for 2814.  I’m making room in the garage for a new ride.

I bought this car in 2017, sourced from this very forum.  It was a California car, with a restoration completed in 2016.  The restoration included an engine rebuild, QA1 coilovers, bushings, clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, shifter, switches, steering wheel, brakes, carpets, seats, alternator, Fluidyne radiator, Spaal fans, u-joints, starter, hoses, water pipes, windshield, wiper motor and Dynamat insulation.

The car was originally lime green.  Now it’s a pearlescent orange, which really lights up in the sunlight.  See pic below with a matching Murcielago (not mine).

Mileage shows as 37100.  The engine is pretty stock, though I put a Holley 750 carb on it.  I converted the A/C to R134 with a Sanden compressor a few years ago.   I installed Ipsco's idler pulley and water pump pulley.  I also put in the Pantera Electronics fuse panel and fan controller, upgraded the headlights to Vintage Car LEDs, and added an emergency hood release.

The car is in Rhode Island if anyone would like to view it.  Please send me a private message if you are interested—happy to talk price with a potential buyer, just trying not to muddy the waters in case I wind up listing it elsewhere.

Thanks!

Tim

Attachments

Images (14)
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Love the color but also like the time green.  A price would help.  If you would take 30k, your would have 100 serious buyers.  If you said 125k you probably would not have many.  If you don't want to answer the same question over and over, please post an expectation you want.  I have 7 cars but with my addiction I would take another.  Strike that last statement.  I have 7 panteras.  Way to many cars to count. 

Hi Mike.  Of course I remember you.  Good to hear from you.

The car went to Germany.  Surprisingly cheap shipping from the east coast.  It's still a great car, I'm sure the new owner will enjoy it.  I still loved looking at it but was not driving it as much, so thought it was time to move on.

Regards,

Tim

@timh posted:

Hi Mike.  Of course I remember you.  Good to hear from you.

The car went to Germany.  Surprisingly cheap shipping from the east coast.  It's still a great car, I'm sure the new owner will enjoy it.  I still loved looking at it but was not driving it as much, so thought it was time to move on.

Regards,

Tim

next adventure is for trying  to get a German title with the upgrades on suspension, brakes rims aso.

Simon

@simon posted:

next adventure is for trying  to get a German title with the upgrades on suspension, brakes rims aso.

Simon

I am wondering if that is possible… they got so strict in Germany … cops stopped us and looked with flashlights in our exhaust.. was like a scene form Werner BroeselIMG_2063

“ if you think you can bullshit me, you got the right person”

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_2063
Last edited by LeMans850i
@rocky posted:

So how does the TUV (or KGB, or whatever) know what is, and is not stock, especially if it’s “worn in” a little?

Obviously new Willwood brakes wouldn’t cut it, but more subtle modifications?

And are minor body changes (wide fender flares, small spoiler, bigger sway bars) OK?

Rocky

The cops actually stood next to us and we’re googling on the iPad how it’s supposed to look like….

And once again, It’s matter of smart Cop or not a smart Cop……..

things are getting pretty bad… for example if you have a TUV certificate for an exhaust (that’s good) and a TUV certificate for wheels (which would be good too) the cop can say that the exhaust was not approved with those wheels…. And you are in trouble!!! It obviously absolutely stupid but that’s what they do. Well, let’s say some of them do! They round up H-D drivers and haule all bikes to the impound yard… crazy shit!
Tirol (Austria) even do exhaust db measurements on older bikes and just add 21db to the measured value and gives you a ticket!  They reason that the way the noise was measured was different back then and the 21 db are compensating for that!  But an original bike .. low mileage, does not pass..

you cannot do better than original and you cannot modify original - so what are you gonna do?? IMG_2069

I didn’t see much of vehicles pre 1995..

not cars not motorcycles…

I was the oldest on the road .. 1987

If I go back to Europe I would go to Italy 🇮🇹 It could be possible because I am an immigrant and shit is happening in this country (USA)

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_2069
Last edited by LeMans850i

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.